The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Everyone Just Stop Calling This Team Classy?!

jonnycanuck46

So New York is classy who had Avery on their team and Torts as their coach? No team is classy when you nit pick at the little things they do and define their organization by one player or one game. If anything you just proved it's the fans of the city that lack class

Class doesn't have anything to do with winning or not. It's how you represent yourself. You don't have to win the Stanley Cup to be classy. Look at Boston.

I'm sick of us tooting our own horns and calling ourselves the classiest team in hockey. We are SO NOT!!! If the Canucks want to earn that title, they have to come out objectively and win hockey games.

Last time I checked, the Canucks don't have a cup to their name, so why do we all run around saying we're the **** when we still need to prove ourselves? Its like a guy in a fight who throws a solid punch and solutes the crowd, only to get totalled right after but the guy he's fighting!

I am a DIEHARD fan of this team to the death, but honestly we can't compare to teams like Detroit and New York in terms of class. Never see diving or cheap plays out of those teams- just good, solid winning combinations. So hold off the "stay classy, Vancouver" comments until the Stanley Cup is parading through Robson and Burrard.

/Rant

**Edit: Have fun flaming. Your the ones who will be bandwagoning, not me. And oh, is that so 2009? Its a WORD, words don't get old last time I checked. Fact is, the diving and whining has to stop, and the focused hockey has to resume.

It takes a special circumstance to ask everyone to do something. For example - can everyone stop burning our city down? Quite reasonable one would think. But to ask everyone to stop having their own opinion - for example - can everyone stop calling the Canucks classy? That is not a special circumstance - your opinion is not a special circumstance - unlike the circumstance noted above. Unreasonable question. Therefore the answer is simple and undisputable: "NO"

How anyone can fail to call our team classy amazes me. The whole organisation oozes class for me.

The work they do in the Community, the time and money given to hospitals and charities, the time given by players like Bieksa and others to Mindcheck, the way players go out of their way to visit kids and parents who have had misfortune in their lives even when they visit other cities. The way they have kept/encouraged this "Community" format in the Chicago Wolves.

These Athletes are in my opinion the epitome of class and first rate role models for every youngster in Canada. I just wish we had a similar team/organisation in my Country. I sometimes wonder how much the Canucks are taken for granted in BC.

Every player and prospect is pre screened by the organisation to make sure they are sympathetic to the decent ideals in life and the goals of the organisation.

As for the team on the ice. Yes they are classy. What they are not, is perfect or infallible. The same applies to AV and MG.

Last year they showed, as well as their renowned skill, character, grit and durability in limping to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final without a word of complaint or excuse. It was only later we found out how injured they actually were.

They take abuse and unfair character assassination without complaint e.g. Luongo, Bieksa, Ballard, Burrows, Raymond...........and even the twins.

It is the fan base which is NOT classy in my opinion.

Many are immature, spoilt, whinging, morons, who don't deserve either this team or the organisation. They demand standards and goals that they would not set themselves in real life. Many seem to have no life experience at all, illustrated by continually resorting to disrespect. In essence they are moral and social weaklings.

They ignore all the Team's good work done in the Community because they are selfish and they can't brag about it. They rubbished a team that fought through horrendous injuries all the way to the SC Final. However in the eyes of many of these "fans" the team let THEM down.

They talk about grit and toughness and their perception of this team's lack of it but have no idea how tough you have to be just to play NHL hockey.

The core of this team is the same core we have had for the last few years. They have shown us how classy they are in many ways for longer than that. Our fans need to stop listening to outsiders, the written media, tv panelists and others who continually berate this team. Most, if not all are either jealous or feel they are somehow being denied importance/revenue/stature/reputation/ by this team failing to win a SC.

In the end the real/loyal fans of this team know how classy they are. They should also know that when everything else is blown away and the bandwaggoners have moved on, this team has only it's real/loyal fans left standing behind them through thick or thin.

Archived