The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Impact Of Daniel Sedin

ovx_211

After seeing last nights game, I realized how much of an impact Daniel has on this team. Sure, the team is 8-2 (including Game 1) with Daniel out of the lineup, and Henrik has shown flashes of magic I feel that the 30 goals we are missing with Daniel are only a minor thing that Daniel brings to this team.

The first thing is that with Daniel, we actually have a legitimate top line that is a threat to score every time they are on the ice. I thought Raymond played decent last night, but he impressed me much more with his back checking rather than being a scoring threat. Daniel makes the lineup much more balanced, as we have two scoring lines, one checking line that can score and a crash and bang line.

Secondly, the powerplay. I know, it hasnt been working for 3 months, even when Daniel was healthy; however, without Daniel the powerplay just seems lost. Henrik can't play his cycle game properly, and Kesler is forced to try and create offense rather than park in front of the net and create havoc for the goalie.

Puck posession is the next thing. The Canucks thrive off of this, and when Daniel is on the ice with Henrik they own the game. Last night, we spent way too much time in our own zone. We gave the Kings WAY too many chances just because we were stuck in our zone and couldn't clear the puck. With Daniel in the lineup, it is the Canucks keeping the puck in the oppositions end, creating scoring chances for us, causing the other team to play excessive defence. Also, after the penalty kill we do not have the luxury of throwing whoever out there with the Sedins to spend time in the other teams zone, and get our momentum back.

All these little things can make a big difference in a 7 game series. Hopefully Danny is good to go soon, but if not Im still confident this team has what it takes to go far.

If what they say is true about Danny having a headache after the last practice, then he's at least a month away. I know that the organization wants to keep everyone out of the loop. But Im guessing all the players know that they will have to at least get by the Kings without Danny.

After seeing last nights game, I realized how much of an impact Daniel has on this team. Sure, the team is 8-2 (including Game 1) with Daniel out of the lineup, and Henrik has shown flashes of magic I feel that the 30 goals we are missing with Daniel are only a minor thing that Daniel brings to this team.

The first thing is that with Daniel, we actually have a legitimate top line that is a threat to score every time they are on the ice. I thought Raymond played decent last night, but he impressed me much more with his back checking rather than being a scoring threat. Daniel makes the lineup much more balanced, as we have two scoring lines, one checking line that can score and a crash and bang line.

Secondly, the powerplay. I know, it hasnt been working for 3 months, even when Daniel was healthy; however, without Daniel the powerplay just seems lost. Henrik can't play his cycle game properly, and Kesler is forced to try and create offense rather than park in front of the net and create havoc for the goalie.

Puck posession is the next thing. The Canucks thrive off of this, and when Daniel is on the ice with Henrik they own the game. Last night, we spent way too much time in our own zone. We gave the Kings WAY too many chances just because we were stuck in our zone and couldn't clear the puck. With Daniel in the lineup, it is the Canucks keeping the puck in the oppositions end, creating scoring chances for us, causing the other team to play excessive defence. Also, after the penalty kill we do not have the luxury of throwing whoever out there with the Sedins to spend time in the other teams zone, and get our momentum back.

All these little things can make a big difference in a 7 game series. Hopefully Danny is good to go soon, but if not Im still confident this team has what it takes to go far.

Archived