The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pp Units

Peaches

Why not put Hamhuis on the 1st unit? He is good at getting his shots through. Put him and Salo on the 1st unit and also have Burrows on 1st unit Kesler 2nd unit.

1st

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Hamhuis-Salo

2nd

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

Bieksa/Gragnani-Edler

Thoughts?

Regards,

CH9

AV said today in his presser that they need to get the PP going and that the best one of the game was that last one when we took Eddy off the top unit. I think we'll see game two first unit start without Edler.

My post is making it sound like AV threw him under the bus. He didn't though. He just basically said we need Edler to play at the level we all know he can.

AV said today in his presser that they need to get the PP going and that the best one of the game was that last one when we took Eddy off the top unit. I think we'll see game two first unit start without Edler.

My post is making it sound like AV threw him under the bus. He didn't though. He just basically said we need Edler to play at the level we all know he can.

Juice just needs to give Edler some more red bull. That happens then he'll be just fine ;).

What I would like to see however: (if Reinprecht is called up and Daniel can't go)

Kassian - Henrik - Burrows

Kesler - Edler

Booth - Reinprecht - Higgins

Hamhuis - Salo

I'm curious as to why no one wants/mention Bieksa for the first PP unit?

Bieksa barely had real power play time this year, all he ever gets are the garbage time (the leftover PP time) that the first unit fails to score on, yet he's had a career year with 44 points almost all from even-strength (only 5 back from Edler, who gets majority of his points off the PP).

Bieksa has a good shot, is a great passer, and one of our best D-man that can keep the puck in the offensive zone.

So I'm curious as to why no one(even AV) wants to try him on the first unit?

I'm curious as to why no one wants/mention Bieksa for the first PP unit?

Bieksa barely had real power play time this year, all he ever gets are the garbage time (the leftover PP time) that the first unit fails to score on, yet he's had a career year with 44 points almost all from even-strength (only 5 back from Edler, who gets majority of his points off the PP).

Bieksa has a good shot, is a great passer, and one of our best D-man that can keep the puck in the offensive zone.

So I'm curious as to why no one(even AV) wants to try him on the first unit?

Archived