The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

7 Teams Lost Game 1, Do You Think They All Are Going To Lose The Series?

Yung Pony

Yes, but not all of those teams lost game 1 at home. There is an expectation to win the first game at home, obviously it doesn't always happen, but that's what home ice advantage is for. If it didn't matter, teams wouldn't be trying to get it all year now would they?

I am not one of the people that had a heart attack here last night, but there is more pressure than ever on game 2 now. Because if you lose 2 home games in a row you may as well start packing. I expect a better effort tomorrow, until then there is no reason to freak out.

Guest BuckFoston

Bruins lost Games 1 and 2 to the Hab's, on their home ice last year, and then won the Cup .. care to re-phrase that, or are you packing yer bags??

Eh? No? I said there was no reason to freak out? But bringing up Boston is a bit silly considering they are a completely different team, play differently, and are coached differently. Canucks are no Bruins and if you are going to start the comparisons, at the end of the day the Bruins had more drive and AV was outcoached. For every team that can bounce back from deficits there are plenty that can't.

No, it wasn't an SCF team playing Wed. It also wasn't a SCF game.

One game does not a series make, however, I'd have been more comfortable if we'd taken game 1! :) Apart from Ottawa, the other opening game losers were mostly who I expected would win, and no, I don't expect most of them to lose their series. However, if SJ beats St Louis, I won't complain!

Guest BuckFoston

Then maybe instead of saying "if you lose two games at home" to "if we lose two games at home" .. you made your statement about playoffs teams in general and then decide this only applies to the Canucks? .. switching horses in mid-stream are ya? .. careful ya dinna fall off and get all wet .. :lol:

The problem isn't about losing game 1, I know they are still in this series obviously. The problem I had is that the team except for luongo took the night off, which isn't a good thing to do when you're up against a vezina candidate goalie and the depth that the kings have

What a silly question OP, of course they're al going to lose the series. The sky is falling for all those teams makes me wonder why the league doesn't just skip the rest of the games and go to the next round. Then we can have the finals end sooner in the year :P

Archived