The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

7 Teams Lost Game 1, Do You Think They All Are Going To Lose The Series?

Yung Pony

I thought someone was monitoring the board. Along with foul language this question should not even make it up here. Also comment about Burrow and Richards and cocaine. That is personal Burrows should know better. Maybe he should go the the web site MINDCHECK.

if you really want to look at the probability stats, may i suggest:

http://www.whowins.com/2012series/nhl2012e.html

2012 NHL Preliminary round - Series 1159.

Los Angeles Kings vs Vancouver Canucks

Schedule and 2011-12 Results

Regular Season Records: Vancouver 51-22-9=111pts, Los Angeles 40-27-15=95pts

Game 1 on Wednesday, 11 April: Los Angeles wins at Vancouver, 4-goals-2

Game 2 on Friday, 13 April: Los Angeles at Vancouver, 10:00pmEDT

Game 3 on Sunday, 15 April: Vancouver at Los Angeles, 10:30pmEDT

Game 4 on Wednesday, 18 April: Vancouver at Los Angeles, 10:00pmEDT

Game 5* on Sunday, 22 April: Los Angeles at Vancouver, TBD

Game 6* on Tuesday, 24 April: Vancouver at Los Angeles, TBD

Game 7* on Thursday, 26 April: Los Angeles at Vancouver, TBD

* if needed

HISTORICAL VICTORY PROBABILITIES: Leading 1-game-nil:

Ignoring win order; ignoring site order: The team leading 1-game-nil irrespective of site order (Los Angeles) has the following best-of-7 playoff series and games record through the 2011 MLB Finals:

series record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 821-333 (.711)

series record, all best-of-7 sports, Preliminary round: 177-87 (.670)

series record, NHL only, all rounds: 393-183 (.682)

series record, NHL only, Preliminary round: 121-71 (.630)

Game 2 record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 628-526 (.544)

Game 2 record, all best-of-7 sports, Preliminary round: 140-124 (.530)

Game 2 record, NHL only, all rounds: 316-260 (.549)

Game 2 record, NHL only, Preliminary round: 94-98 (.490)

These records are drawn from the applicable 1154 best-of-7 NHL, NBA, and MLB series played through the 2011 MLB Finals. Note in general that the greater the number of games or series fitting a particular situation, the greater the significance of the corresponding winning fraction: For example, 0.800 is far more likely to come closer to the true winning fraction in a given situation when the corresponding win-loss record is 400-100 rather than 4-1.

HISTORICAL VICTORY PROBABILITIES: Leading 1-game-nil @ V:

Ignoring win order; considering site order: The team leading 1-game-nil with site order V (Los Angeles) has the following best-of-7 playoff series and games record through the 2011 MLB Finals:

series record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 211-170 (.554)

series record, all best-of-7 sports, Preliminary round: 48-51 (.485)

series record, NHL only, all rounds: 109-94 (.537)

series record, NHL only, Preliminary round: 39-40 (.494)

Game 2 record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 125-256 (.328)

Game 2 record, all best-of-7 sports, Preliminary round: 27-72 (.273)

Game 2 record, NHL only, all rounds: 74-129 (.365)

Game 2 record, NHL only, Preliminary round: 25-54 (.316)

These records are drawn from the applicable 1154 best-of-7 NHL, NBA, and MLB series played through the 2011 MLB Finals. Note in general that the greater the number of games or series fitting a particular situation, the greater the significance of the corresponding winning fraction: For example, 0.800 is far more likely to come closer to the true winning fraction in a given situation when the corresponding win-loss record is 400-100 rather than 4-1.

SERIES NOTES:

After Game 1: The Los Angeles Kings visited and defeated the Vancouver Canucks 4-goals-2 to take a 1-game-nil MLB/NBA/NHL best-of-7 playoff series 1159 lead. When leading a best-of-7 NHL playoff series 1-game-nil, the Los Angeles Kings have a 3-5 series record and a 1-7 Game 2 record (with an active seven-Game 2 losing streak); when trailing a best-of-7 NHL playoff series 1-game-nil, the Vancouver Canucks have a 4-7 series record and an 8-3 Game 2 record.

Pre-series assessment: In the 2011-12 regular season, Vancouver finished 16 points ahead of Los Angeles. From 1939 through 2011, when NHL teams led their best-of-7 playoff series opponents by 16 regular-season points, they have posted a 9-1 (.900) best-of-7 series record in those series against those opponents. MLB/NBA/NHL best-of-7 playoff series 1159 is the 28th best-of-7 playoff series for Los Angeles, and the 33rd for Vancouver. In best-of-7 playoff series, Los Angeles has an 8-19 series record, a 5-8 Preliminary-round series record, and an 8-19 Game 1 record, while Vancouver has a 15-17 series record, a 9-6 Preliminary-round series record, and a 21-11 Game 1 record. Series 1159 is the fifth best-of-7 NHL playoff series meeting between Los Angeles and Vancouver; the teams have split their previous four series against each other.

Guest BuckFoston

No Buck .. I was pointing out that making generalized statements about winning and losing "trends" seldom stand up to any statistical examination .. you were ready to pack your bags .. now you are wanting to hide inside the large suitcase with an all day lollipop? .. :lol:

It was clear I was talking about teams packing their bags. I didn't say MY bags. Really, all you have done is tried to start crap with me for no reason. Every last sentence of every post is some kind of jab. You don't agree? Good. No problem. You are welcome to say I don't agree. But since I didn't call anyone out in my original post, stop with the oh so subtle insults and the end of every reply. It's not clever. Better yet, don't bother replying as you'll be added to the ignore list.

Archived