The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hope Is Not Lost! Many Other Good Teams Have Gone Down 2-0 In Round 1.

Beluga Whale

Vancouver has never started a playoff series 0-2 in franchise history when playing the first two games at home.

I was on NHL.com and didn't find the same stats.

Comebacks from Trailing 2-0 in Games

Teams have trailed 2-0 in a best-of-seven series a total of 291 times and have come back to win the series on 37 occasions or 12.7% of the time.

Can anyone confirm I'm reading this correctly? http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31154#2

Vancouver has never started a playoff series 0-2 in franchise history when playing the first two games at home.

I was on NHL.com and didn't find the same stats.

Comebacks from Trailing 2-0 in Games

Teams have trailed 2-0 in a best-of-seven series a total of 291 times and have come back to win the series on 37 occasions or 12.7% of the time.

Can anyone confirm I'm reading this correctly? http://www.nhl.com/i....htm?id=31154#2

The Canucks have been embarrased both on the score sheet and by "the tweet". these guys have given up. It all goes back to the trade, they fell apart after that and never really recovered.

the Canucks management responded to mild pressure by folks in the Hodgson camp to play him more by trading him, arrogantly, to teach him and others a lesson. Oops - ego is not a bright way to manage a team.

Kassian is not a difference maker and neither were any of the players we got by giving away scoring with Hodgson.

We are done - mathematically we have very little chance. This is the last year I'm buying my seasons after 17 years.

I'm looking forward to summer. I'm sure the 'nicks are too. the Canucks have never ever come back from losing the first 2 games in their 40 year history .

Give it up! We are toast now!

Put away the face paint and pull out your shorts fans. The summer looks good.

And, there will be more season tickets available next year for those who are interested in getting interested in September...Mine will be there and available!

Never say never. But, in the last 2 games I saw nothing that convinces me this team is set up for a legitimate shot at the Stanley Cup. For whatever reason, they look in total disarray.

Got to hand it to them though. They are not giving up, and Lu is putting together a strong performance.

A change in coaching staff and a few wily off-season trades should put things right.

Maybe next year will be their year?

Archived