The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pathetic Fans

{nhl}

What has this franchise ever done for all their fans?? A Presidents trophy here and there and a few appearances in the cup final are not good enough for a 41 year old franchise. The fans deserve more. All the anger towards the team, especially if they lose this series, are certainly warranted. The fans deserve way more than what this team is giving us.

Maybe the 2 games down will make them wake up. I think they have tried hard not to get too motivated too soon and now they are in trouble. The coaches too better wake up or they are going to be hisrory too. Is this funk just a planned thing so they are not burned out in the final? I wonder. It reminds me of a team that has lost its desire or motivation. Then again its not everyone that is making mistakes mostly the D especially Edler who is supposed to be so highly rated. The coaches have to take a lot of the blame for the poor start to the playoffs.

What part of being honest with opinions after lose equate to being a bad fan? It's sickening how people think being a good fan means cheering on your team mindlessly. We have expectations as fans and our anguish and disappointment reflects on our dedication to the team.

Fans here are critical of their team because they care. We'd give them a standing ovation for their efforts, but that's only at the end.

its isnt a huge deal but no team wants to go down 2-0 heading into another teams barn

its round 1 and they dont look like they even have it in them to make it out of it , theres a lack of urgency that only appears once the goalies pulled , its not like all the cycle play at the end of the game was all because the extra skater (if that were the case theyd have scored on one of the many powerplays they had)

the team looks to me like they thought they could coast threw this round

they stepped it up this game but still , a mistake here and there and the kings capitalize

i just expect so much more out of this team then this , I KNOW they are better then this

this is all very frustrating to say the least

Like the title says. I am ashamed to be a Canuck fan tonight. Not ashamed of my team but by a large portion of the 'fan' base here at CDC. What a bunch of whiny cry babies. Were we eliminated tonight? Did I miss something?

To all those whining and carping about this team. Feel free to cheer for the Flames or Oilers or any other team. I am sure those organizations will appreciate your 'support'.

You guys who became fans in the last 2 years have no clue. I have been having my heart broken by this team for 30 years and to a lot of the real fan base I am a relative newb. Some have been bleeding Canuck blue for longer than the team has been in the NHL. That's what real fans do.

So if you want off the bandwagon, that's just fine. GTFO. The real fans will carry the weight.

Archived