The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Av Coached His Last Game At Rogers' Arena?

Hock-E-Dad

I think AV is too stubborn and it costs the team dearly. Same thing happens over and over again.

When Lou allowed the goal with 9 seconds left in the first you could see he was frustrated. He stopped the first 10 shots but then let in 4 goals on the next 16 shots. Even though you cant blame him for the 1st 2 goals the team needed a change after the 2nd goal. We were outplaying the Kings badly in the 2nd and after the Kings scored against the play, AV should have pulled Lou.

The last 2 goals were very weak and we ended up losing by 2.

No.

I refuse to believe that we will not see another game in Vancouver this year.

But even if you are correct, I still believe AV will be back next year.

Reason 1 - Made playoffs every year but one. Several division titles. 2 President's Trophies. 1 Stanley Cup Finals appearance.

Reason 2 - Who is out there that would be an upgrade? It is reckless to make a change just for the sake of change.

I think given the team's performance with the pres trophy and daniel being injured, even if the nucks get swept he should and likely will stay around for at least a part of next year's season. Im not a big AV fan but even I feel he does deserve at least another crack at it given the circumstances

AV was the one who was bound and determined to create a traditional third-line, and was never supportive of Hodgson or helpful in developing him as a player. Now our PP is costing us in the playoffs, and Hodgson sure would look good running the second unit. Kassian might turn into a beast in a few years, but they traded a contributor for a prospect.

I'm GONNA SAVE MONEY - unless they do something intelligent like pass better, shoot more, shoot up and play D. How our power play went from being the best last year and not bad up until Christmas and then dried up completely. Don't be saying it's cuz no Danny - because it hasn't been good in a long time.

People in the arena were booing the POWER PLAY and I was getting more mad. If you can't CHEER for the team during the PLAYOFFS then don't go to the games. They need us to help them.

AND boy do they need help. I am not giving up but if it is an early exit WELL then I will sure save a lot of money.

Having CODY on the second power play might have helped our cause. CUZ nothing else is helping it.

Archived