The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Av Coached His Last Game At Rogers' Arena?

Hock-E-Dad

Burke & his truculent approach had gone overboard here; culminating in the Bertuzzi /Moore mess which has still not been settled in court.

After the lockout; the coach who hung Bertuzzi out for encoraging to get "pay back," the now reluctant & the stuck in the middle Naslund were all still here. Bert and Nazzy went from plus 30 something each to substantial minus players who seemed to have lost respect for the coach. They drifted through games the year after the lockout, we sulked & BURKE stood by all three while we were falling apart.

Burkie is good value, but needed to be moved at the time he did!

Okay well, whatever, that's actually even better.

I honestly didn't know I didn't pay much Attention to the Managing part of the Game at that time.

And That helps because its another example of us Firing a GM right as he's starting to Build a Contender.

Like I said thats why we were never a Contender because we always fire the Guy then the Next guy comes in and Add things that Shouldn't be part of the Vision.

I'd like to think we could send Vig packing after this season but realistically you can`t fire a coach after a presidents trophy season. Add in in the loss of Daniel Sedin, and you have a legit excuse for playoff failure. I`d love to see him gone but the team would have to have a bad season or two before Gillis could justify pulling the trigger.

Frankly, I think both MG and AV are "fair to middlin" management and coaching staff that got lucky with a bundle of talent and with some luck, parlayed it into a pretty good cup run.  Let's remember we were one goal away from being out in round 1 of last year.

Why does our team keep repeating the same stupid plays over and over, such as blind drop passes, when it clearly wasn't working two months ago?  Why do we keep shuffling personnel around the different lines looking for a magic spark?  I mean once in awhile I get you have to shake things up but it seems we are always trying new line pairings/combinations and getting burned more often than not?  Why oh why do we keep trying over and over to squeeze production out of Raymond when it's clear he can't finish, let alone stay on his feet?

Why does every other team in the playoffs play with an intensity that we can't match?  Why are we being outhustled and beaten to pucks?  What can't our coach seem to say anything particularly isightful after a game (win or loss) when other coaches seem to have excellent post game analysis?

Why can't AV motivate a team like Hitchcock did with the Blues, turning them around and going on a second half season tear?

Why does the media and every fan scratch their head trying to figure out what AV is trying to accomplish with his lineup changes?

it's easy to confuse skill and smarts with luck.   I wonder if maybe Canucks management may think they are a bit smarter than they actually are...

Jumping the gun here but I think AV has coached his last game at Roger's arena. He will be given his walking papers shortly. Gillis shouldn't be safe either, the owners need to realize that the moves made were questionable and open to also firing him if a first round exit occurs.

I would fire Gillis for the Hodgson deal alone. Absolutely brutal.

Gillis did get taken to the cleaners by Luongo's agent in the mega contract negotiation when he was a rookie. He got embarrassed and left his successor a hell of an albatross. The goalie-captain fiasco was another rookie blunder that was painful to endure. He is learning on the job but at this point he's still no screaming hell. Drafting/development has been underwhelming as well. Not impressed with the "moneyball" Detroit model" malarkey either. The Backes offer sheet was ill-advised.

This guy has not added much to the program here, I don't think.

I have to say for the first time I'm disappointed in AV. Taking a line that got results and changing it up h Sedin lappy were scoring we won 7 in a row , get it together let's get some goals to support the goalie ffs Bieksa hammy, Edler Salo back together, get Edlers confidence up and calm him down. And FFS work on the f'ing PP! Let's get some goddamn pushback and play some nuck hockey!!!! Go Canicks To

a monkey can coach this team to the president's trophy. it's in the playoffs where a coach's ability comes into play. so far, la has been the better coached team. alain does not seem to have any answers to counter darryl's stratagem. if the canucks lose in the first round, i say kick him to the curb. we need a coach like paul mclean, who can comunicate better with the players and who the players will go to war for.

Archived