The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Toronto Blue Jays

DoItForRaymond

They never cease to amaze me!! Attempting to steal home base with the baseses loaded, he gets thrown out by the pitcher, and they lose by one after the tie was broken in the 9th inning. You stood a better chance of walking in the run!! Do I not understand Baseball? Is that supposed to be a high percertage steal/play? God..... :picard:

They never cease to amaze me!! Attempting to steal home base with the baseses loaded, he gets thrown out by the pitcher, and they lose by one after the tie was broken in the 9th inning. You stood a better chance of walking in the run!! Do I not understand Baseball? Is that supposed to be a high percertage steal/play? God..... :picard:

It's not standard for sure but the Jays probably thought it'd be a good opportunity to gamble given that it was Bautista up there and the Orioles would never expect that they would try that with him at the plate. Bautista is also off to a slow start right now and that may have factored into the decision.

It was a risky play and this time it did not work but it was really close and it shows other teams that jays are a aggressive team on the base paths and it will keep other teams on there toes when the opportunity comes up again

Archived