The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team Plays Better Defensively In Front Of Schneider

Rock Pile

They haven't played very well defensively in front of Luo for what ever reason. I'm not trying to stir things up here, but could it be for some reason they prefer Schneider over Luo in net. It's been this way the entire year.

No, the defense is the same. Its just that Schneider is playing like Jesus this year while Luongo has been playing decent. Our defense has been crap from the preseason until now. But like everyone was saying last year, Ehrhoff is no big loss lol!

Schneider does a better job of smothering the puck, or knocking it out of harm's way. And he tends to stay in position for the next shot better than Lu.

Lu makes the big save, but often ends up on his belly, on his knees, or spun around the wrong way, and has a hard time with the follow up shot after his initial save.

Scheids is just more calm and steady than Lu. Not nearly as flashy, but there's no bonus for style.

Luongo really needs some stay at home D, who can pick up the rebounds and move them out quickly. When we had Mitchell and Ohlund, Lu looked great. With the current group, his weakness is exposed more.

Maybe... but this team is not what it was last year. Although the team has taken the Presidents Trophy again, there have been a LOT of changes in the roster. Daniel's injury, Kesler is not the beast he was, Cody Hodgson is gone (I'm still not liking that trade), Erhoff, Torres, etc. I don't think the team has nearly the same chemistry and fire it had last season. They just don't click as often as they used to. Just my observations. And I not a die hard Lu fan, but I have to give he credit, he has been great so far. Too bad the team couldn't put some more pucks in the net.

I don't see how anyone can blame Luongo for game one and two. Those were the worst defensive effort i seen in a long time.

Its almost as tho, when Luongo is in net, they feel like they can float a bit. Tonight has been a better effort. So far anyways. We limited them to a handful of shots. If we played like this in game 1 and 2, we could've won at least one of them.

Archived