The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nhlpa Should Demand A Lockout

Bananas

On a count of all this dirty crap going on in the league. I, personally, have had enough with the NHL. In my opinion, so should a lot of the star players of this league. The fact is, they are being blatantly targeted, and the league is making no effort to protect them; and not even just the starts, but anybody.

I don't know if everybody here has been keeping up with the rest of the play-offs, but I am sure many of you are; for those of you that have, I'm sure you are equally disgusted. The real problem here is that this stupid sh!t sells, and the greedy fatcats know it.

I'm not going to take any examples out of this sickening mess because really, the individual incidents are not the discussion. What my point here is that the players have enough reasons on their plates to walk out as it is, and this is doing the league's case no justice.

Every highlight reel show I watch is simply flooded with dirty, disgusting [hockey??]. I can say personally that I have completely lost interest in what this league is offering, and I am not alone. These garbage executives need AT LEAST a year to re-evaluate their methods regarding how they go about their business.

As it stands, I am at this point thoroughly turned off of the UFC-on-Ice.

On a count of all this dirty crap going on in the league. I, personally, have had enough with the NHL. In my opinion, so should a lot of the star players of this league. The fact is, they are being blatantly targeted, and the league is making no effort to protect them; and not even just the starts, but anybody.

I don't know if everybody here has been keeping up with the rest of the play-offs, but I am sure many of you are; for those of you that have, I'm sure you are equally disgusted. The real problem here is that this stupid sh!t sells, and the greedy fatcats know it.

I'm not going to take any examples out of this sickening mess because really, the individual incidents are not the discussion. What my point here is that the players have enough reasons on their plates to walk out as it is, and this is doing the league's case no justice.

Every highlight reel show I watch is simply flooded with dirty, disgusting [hockey??]. I can say personally that I have completely lost interest in what this league is offering, and I am not alone. These garbage executives need AT LEAST a year to re-evaluate their methods regarding how they go about their business.

As it stands, I am at this point thoroughly turned off of the UFC-on-Ice.

It's not simply the inconsistency. These players should be chucked out of the entire post-season for what they are doing, especially considering EVERY SINGLE INCIDENT SO FAR has been intentional, including many failed attempts.

Boston set the golden standard last year, and everybody is raising the bar. This is what happens when you endorse this circus. We saw what happened when Detroit and Pittsburg were winning cups: teams were going for skill. A cup for Chicago, then Boston, and the league turns upside down.

The people running the show here need to give their heads a shake. It's not all on one man's shoulders. Business is a team game, too.

You realize the players are being hit by OTHER PLAYERS right? Not some mysterious entity that is the league. Maybe the NHLPA can try to actually manage its own union members rather than walk off the job.

If I am a union leader at a company and a buch of the union employees are doing a bad job, I don't call a strike just because the manager won't punish them. The players are the NHLPA's guys. Hell, half the time when a player gets a long suspension, the NHLPA considers appealing.

So the players should demand that the NHL police the actions of the players? Why can't the players police themselves, and I do not mean fighting. The NHLPA should make it clear to their membership that they have to stop this kind of play They should take the initiative and police themselves.

regards,

G.

So the players should demand that the NHL police the actions of the players? Why can't the players police themselves, and I do not mean fighting. The NHLPA should make it clear to their membership that they have to stop this kind of play They should take the initiative and police themselves.

regards,

G.

How would you guys propose that the NHLPA polices themselves? It's the league whose job is being executed insufficiently. There is not a whole lot the NHLPA can do to individual offenders. Disciplinary action is in the hands of the league, and they are the ones not doing their job.

I can assure you that the majority of the NHLPA members are against what is happening on the ice; not for it. Furthermore, it is the star players who are facing the bulk of what is happening out there. If the league refuses to commit to the standards they claim to have, then it is not the NHLPA who is failing. The players are there to play, not to act as police.

The players are being backed into a corner like wild animals BECAUSE they are already being forced to police themselves, and they are lashing out because the greater authority is not kicking in.

Your suggestion to have the players police themselves is clearly already in effect, and half of the star players are already out of the playoffs.

REgArdzzz

J :rolleyes:

How would you guys propose that the NHLPA polices themselves? It's the league whose job is being executed insufficiently. There is not a whole lot the NHLPA can do to individual offenders. Disciplinary action is in the hands of the league, and they are the ones not doing their job.

I can assure you that the majority of the NHLPA members are against what is happening on the ice; not for it. Furthermore, it is the star players who are facing the bulk of what is happening out there. If the league refuses to commit to the standards they claim to have, then it is not the NHLPA who is failing. The players are there to play, not to act as police.

The players are being backed into a corner like wild animals BECAUSE they are already being forced to police themselves, and they are lashing out because the greater authority is not kicking in.

Your suggestion to have the players police themselves is clearly already in effect, and half of the star players are already out of the playoffs.

REgArdzzz

J :rolleyes:

Archived