The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Shanahan Should Make A New Suspension Rule !

I was thinking about all the players getting suspended and i think they should make a rule about that. If the player that gets suspended and hurts the victim, the NHL should suspended the player until the victim recovers from his injury. I think this rule will be better for everyone.

Tell me what you all think

This won't work, but I think a player should be suspended for playoffs if there is a clear intent to injure, no matter what time of the regular season that the hit happened. Say you brutally hit someone and they give you a a 14 game suspension in the regular season. Tack on playoff games as well. If it's really bad, the player is disqualified from participating in the playoffs. obviously teams that aren't going to make the playoffs would not be affected in the same way, but i'm sure they could fix that.

If you clearly intend to injure a player, you should be gone for the season/playoffs.

This won't work, but I think a player should be suspended for playoffs if there is a clear intent to injure, no matter what time of the regular season that the hit happened. Say you brutally hit someone and they give you a a 14 game suspension in the regular season. Tack on playoff games as well. If it's really bad, the player is disqualified from participating in the playoffs. obviously teams that aren't going to make the playoffs would not be affected in the same way, but i'm sure they could fix that.

If you clearly intend to injure a player, you should be gone for the season/playoffs.

Archived