The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vigneault Lost Us This Game

406281dylan

seen this act before many times in 40 years . fans try to blame one person or trade; blame goalies, fire coaches; fire gm's. so many things have gone wrong at once. Canucks brass need to settle back this summer with some time to digest and think . rash decisions rarely work. do you think the wings are going to clean house if they lose... get a grip people.. we have had a bad playoff get over it... penguin fans are just as pissed maybe they should fire their coach and trade Crosby. you people who are trying to fix this with one "bold move" are delusional

seen this act before many times in 40 years . fans try to blame one person or trade; blame goalies, fire coaches; fire gm's. so many things have gone wrong at once. Canucks brass need to settle back this summer with some time to digest and think . rash decisions rarely work. do you think the wings are going to clean house if they lose... get a grip people.. we have had a bad playoff get over it... penguin fans are just as pissed maybe they should fire their coach and trade Crosby. you people who are trying to fix this with one "bold move" are delusional

Wow. I've had this debate with so many people who have zero understanding of hockey it is getting unreal. I should probably make a template...

Remember that the SEDINS give a sh*t ton of credit to Sundin for helping them reach the next level. Remember the Sedins before Sundin? Hardly first liners. Hardly SCF finalists.

If he had signed the 2 year/20 million dollar deal (which he never would have, considering he wouldn't even take 10 million/1 year) it would have been better if he never signed...

I really do miss the days of Nonis though where the bottom-6 was stacked with players that had no role (Isbister? Ritchie? Mhmmm). I guess they had the same core, but Nonis had bad results where Gillis' team has won 2 President's trophies and made a SCF appearance and also made the playoffs every single year.

The Sundin signing had NO IMPACT on the Sedins leaving or staying.....

No. Hamhuis wasn't coming to Vancouver 'regardless'. He was coming to Vancouver because they were a contender and because in his interview with GMMG, GMMG touched on a lot of things close to his heart - like charity.

The Ballard trade wasn't a horrible one because the market for a top-4 defenseman was bare and there was NO PROOF at the time that Hamhuis was coming. Did you want the 2nd pairing to be Yann Sauve and pre-Hamhuis Kevin Bieksa?

The Sturm signing wasn't horrible. It was 1 year and could easily be removed/hidden. Nothing bad came of it.

Hodgson's camp WANTED a trade. Regardless if they outright asked for it or not. The agent went to AV and demanded more minutes for a player who hadn't earned it.

He didn't get rid of Ehrhoff..... He offered him a contract and Ehrhoff rejected it. What other choice did he have?

You're ideas are bogus and you have no understanding of how things happen in reality. This isn't some EA sports game.

Edit: Not to mention Sundin's effect on Kes' game. Once Kesler got moved to the RPM line he had 36 points in the last 41 games of that season. Prior to that he was showing very little offensive potential in terms of being a 2nd line center at some point. He proceeded to put up 70+ points twice.

And let's not forget all Gillis has done otherwise. Player development (Dave Gagner), sleep doctors, etc, etc, etc.

There's a reason the team has gotten better under Gillis despite the fact he has the same core as Burke & Nonis who couldn't make it past the 2nd f*cking round.

Edit edit:

Not to mention his trade deadline acquisitions have actually been useful. Lapierre & Higgins especially. Pahlsson has been great. Alberts was fine.. not great or horrible.

Also I'm listening to Bieksa's interview and he's saying "We ran into a hot goaltender", we barley had any quality chances, the One hansen hit the Post on, the One he fell and missed the net on, and then the shot we burrows couldn't get it over a diving Quick are the only one's I can remember.

In all of the years AV has coached I remember very few games where we had excellent scoring chances and got totally robbed. I remember lots of 30+ shot games where a lot of the shots were predictable and not so dangerous. This is over the years, not just this playoff run. I'd had frustration for a long time to the point where I've been a mostly neutral fan of the game for the last few years. I don't believe in blind team loyalty... loyalty has to be earned.

Never liked AV, never could coach talent...we have now the worst top line in hockey, our second line isnt much better. Our defence looks confused most of the game. We just played regular season without fixing what is really wrong on this team. Most passes are off the mark and the PP is not sharp. LA isnt that great a team, canucks just make them look like it.

Quick needs to be challenged on every level, shots HAVE to be high with bodies going to the net with sticks on the ice...the team needs focus...this was the best game they played but we need to play the puck to the net and the defence has to shoot high from the point --- treat a hot goal tender like a sieve and never give it.

As for AV, Naslund was right.

AV needs to gtfo. our power play has been horrendous for months and they did frack all to adjust it. That is all on him and his coaching staff.

i stillr emember him throwing around his football on trade deadline. So excited to get rid of coho. It's too bad he had to let his ego get in the way because of cody's dad. Coho was the only player on this team that can snipe and they traded him. Not once did they try coho on the 2nd line for a good stretch of games. Fire him please.

ffs, ,what is wrong with this team? SHOOT UP HIGH!!!! i thought they'd have learned their lesson in the finals but i guess they're too thick for that. this team needs better shots if we want to succeed. hmm who has a good shot? oh yeah, hodgson!!! let's get rid of him. unbelievable.

Edler playing like an idiot

Kesler staying on the perimeter

Henrik being extremely slow on the ice

Yup, these all seem like coach's fault.... NOT!

Wow. I've had this debate with so many people who have zero understanding of hockey it is getting unreal. I should probably make a template...

Remember that the SEDINS give a sh*t ton of credit to Sundin for helping them reach the next level. Remember the Sedins before Sundin? Hardly first liners. Hardly SCF finalists.

If he had signed the 2 year/20 million dollar deal (which he never would have, considering he wouldn't even take 10 million/1 year) it would have been better if he never signed...

I really do miss the days of Nonis though where the bottom-6 was stacked with players that had no role (Isbister? Ritchie? Mhmmm). I guess they had the same core, but Nonis had bad results where Gillis' team has won 2 President's trophies and made a SCF appearance and also made the playoffs every single year.

The Sundin signing had NO IMPACT on the Sedins leaving or staying.....

No. Hamhuis wasn't coming to Vancouver 'regardless'. He was coming to Vancouver because they were a contender and because in his interview with GMMG, GMMG touched on a lot of things close to his heart - like charity.

The Ballard trade wasn't a horrible one because the market for a top-4 defenseman was bare and there was NO PROOF at the time that Hamhuis was coming. Did you want the 2nd pairing to be Yann Sauve and pre-Hamhuis Kevin Bieksa?

The Sturm signing wasn't horrible. It was 1 year and could easily be removed/hidden. Nothing bad came of it.

Hodgson's camp WANTED a trade. Regardless if they outright asked for it or not. The agent went to AV and demanded more minutes for a player who hadn't earned it.

He didn't get rid of Ehrhoff..... He offered him a contract and Ehrhoff rejected it. What other choice did he have?

You're ideas are bogus and you have no understanding of how things happen in reality. This isn't some EA sports game.

Edit: Not to mention Sundin's effect on Kes' game. Once Kesler got moved to the RPM line he had 36 points in the last 41 games of that season. Prior to that he was showing very little offensive potential in terms of being a 2nd line center at some point. He proceeded to put up 70+ points twice.

And let's not forget all Gillis has done otherwise. Player development (Dave Gagner), sleep doctors, etc, etc, etc.

There's a reason the team has gotten better under Gillis despite the fact he has the same core as Burke & Nonis who couldn't make it past the 2nd f*cking round.

Edit edit:

Not to mention his trade deadline acquisitions have actually been useful. Lapierre & Higgins especially. Pahlsson has been great. Alberts was fine.. not great or horrible.

I think one our mistakes would have been not "overpaying" for Steve Ott, a guy like him would be a huge difference maker in this series.

Kassian as good as he MIGHT be in the future, he is not ready for the NHL yet. Obviously looking at the trade, I think it's hard to say CoHo wouldn't be helping us more right NOW.

Lu and Schneider have been good, that is not the issue. The issue is lack of leadership IMO, yes Henrik is good but we need that Canadian style leader.

It makes me sick to think that we will probably lose this series to LA, even without Daniel we should be easily beating them.

Many people are going to get their wish this year. AV is 100% gone after this. It would have been different if we lost the series 2-4 or something. But a 0-4 series blow out there is NO CHANCE he is staying next year.

I am in Shock, how you can come out with one period to go, with your Season on the Line in a Tie and get Completely Dominated, and Outplayed.

Anyways here's why I think we need a New coach:

-How you can Fail year after year with a Team this Talented is a Complete joke.

-How you can't motivate your team with one period left and your season on the Line, I just don't know how you can't get this team ready to play there best.

-And he has been satisfied with this kind of play for Months, I am not surprised one bit that we are down 3-0.

Not making Adjustments when needed:

- the Long bomb passes, it was being picked off or we weren't able to take them everytime in the 1st two games, we were better tonight but still, it was the Reason that we aren't in Overtime, edler went for it, Icing and Dang a few Seconds later we couldn't get it out and it was in the back of our net.

- It too him two Games to fix the Powerplay and the drop pass, he should have Adjusted that after Game 1, they Didn't and we lost game 2 because of it, we just threw that game away.

- "the best players play" to me this only seems to be the Case with Ballard/Bottom pair Defencemen and Fourth line players, Raymond should have sat the 2nd half of the third, he was brutal falling down agian its Typical, and why he was out with 2 minutes left and we need a goal is beyond me.

Does anyone else have any Reason's too Add?

He has been Great in his Tenure here but we can't Fail with this Team, to me we have 1, maybe 2 more years (Depending on the Moves Gillis Makes) before our Cup window Closes.

And Since he was hoping by Playing Schneider his team would be Sparked maybe it would spark them for next year if there Coach is fired.

I Like AV I really do I think he is Defiantly the Best Coach we have Had but no one Keeps there Job forever, I just think Change is needed and Players will be moved but the Core has to stay, they have proven they can go all the Way so be can't blow it up.

And don't say "He lead us to Two Presidents Trophies" because that's even More of a Reason why this Collapse, Choke, whatever you want to call it is inexcusable.

The coaching staff as a whole has cost us this series. The first two games the Canucks have look very predictable at times; failure to adjust to changes made by Sutter. Not enough is being done to counter the Kings changes and generate chances. We can generate shots all we want but if you don't get second chance opportunities and rebounds then nobody is doing enough and not doing their job; it's not entirely the players fault.

The PP has blown since the Boston game; Newell Brown, what the hell is wrong? You went from a mastermind to an amateur overnight.

AV made a couple stupid moves to combat the Kings tonight like dressing Weise, who played in the first period, and that was it. Kassian played two shifts in each of the three periods and that was it. Wasn't the purpose of dressing these guys to create that intimidate and toughness factor? Why dress them if you wont play them. You need confidence in them.

Archived