The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vigneault Lost Us This Game

406281dylan

Never liked AV, never could coach talent...we have now the worst top line in hockey, our second line isnt much better. Our defence looks confused most of the game. We just played regular season without fixing what is really wrong on this team. Most passes are off the mark and the PP is not sharp. LA isnt that great a team, canucks just make them look like it.

Quick needs to be challenged on every level, shots HAVE to be high with bodies going to the net with sticks on the ice...the team needs focus...this was the best game they played but we need to play the puck to the net and the defence has to shoot high from the point --- treat a hot goal tender like a sieve and never give it.

As for AV, Naslund was right.

The coaching staff as a whole has cost us this series. The first two games the Canucks have look very predictable at times; failure to adjust to changes made by Sutter. Not enough is being done to counter the Kings changes and generate chances. We can generate shots all we want but if you don't get second chance opportunities and rebounds then nobody is doing enough and not doing their job; it's not entirely the players fault.

The PP has blown since the Boston game; Newell Brown, what the hell is wrong? You went from a mastermind to an amateur overnight.

AV made a couple stupid moves to combat the Kings tonight like dressing Weise, who played in the first period, and that was it. Kassian played two shifts in each of the three periods and that was it. Wasn't the purpose of dressing these guys to create that intimidate and toughness factor? Why dress them if you wont play them. You need confidence in them.

The team AV has to work with is NOT very talented anymore I'm afraid. When your General Manager strips you of Hodgson, Ehrhoff and Samuelsson and gives you a 4th liner in Kassian and a 2nd liner in Booth with no replacement on defence or on the top powerplay unit, you have no chance.

MG lost us this game, MG lost us this series and MG blew away any chance this team had at winning a Cup anytime soon. He made all the right moves a year ago but really botched up our chances by getting rid of our skilled offensive guys and opting for more physical players just because Boston had them.

That is not how the core of this team play, whereas the core of Boston play physically. You can't just have some very skilled players and very tough players because they clearly aren't working well together and don't play the same style.

T MAC T MAC T MAC T MAC

I can honestly say after seeing the effect a coach has on the team in the 5 years I've been watching hockey I am all but ready to give someone else a shot.

Craig Mactavish won 3 cups as a player and went to the finals 5 years ago with Edmonton.

I am hoping we can trade Schneider for Ryan Murray and sign David Jones to a contract.

These 3 guys coming in would put us over the top for sure. :towel:

Not too sour about this year, just want to see AV fired so our team can get a fresh start with Kassian, Murray, and Tanev being our future. Murray and Jones are the simple replacements for Ehrhoff and Sammuellson

I think the fact were loosing and av is satisfied with play, while sutter is winning and still not satisfied sums up issues with our coaching.

Av just never takes a hard line, and demands more from his team, issues linger with the hope it will come around, and blind faith in our guys.

Av could only work with what he has. Some of the blame needs to be pinned on Mike Gillis. What blockbuster trade has he done?

Isn't Gillis the one that signed Luongo to a ten year contract? The guy who signed Mats Sundin? The guy who traded away Hodgeson?

Gordon Bombay sucks, lol.

The Mighty Ducks only won in their tournaments because the script wanted them to do. His 'systems' are non-existent. That coach in the third movie actually knew more than Bombay did, especially when it comes to DEFENSE.

NO Mac T... Trust me.

I honestly think this team has nagging injuries and exhaustion from last year. The Sedins looked sluggish all season, Raymond can't stay on his feet, maybe due to breaking his back, and Kesler has not looked %100 since the Nashville series last year. The precision on this team has dropped so much since last year, all most too much. I think a long summer for this team will be good for the team. Give them Rest they need and look forward to next year. A few couple off season deals will be good, but don't blow up the core just yet.

Archived