The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players Gone Next Season ...

Lui's Knob

FIrst off, there is not much use trading a whole bunch of players if AV is still here. His coaching style and favoritism will provide the same result with whoever is brought in. The guy cannot coach effectively in the playoffs and that's it. And before anyone says "but last year he took us to teh finals", BS! He didn't take us anywhere. A team with the most talent in the league barely scraped by and got to the finals to be humilliated in setting records for most goals allowed and fewest scored. The ALmost complete collapse against Chicago was embarrassing and it was pure luck the Nucks escaped that series.

As for protecting the core players, it is this "Core" that is not performing ...again! We have 4 goals in 3 games...1 from our D and 2 from our 3rd line players.

MG has to stop thinking he can reclaim "projects" that have failed on other teams and turn them into top 6 forwards here. This team has shown 2 years in a row they can't get it done in the playoffs. Noone should be safe if the return is high enough.

Give Kesler a break. One mediocre season does not make up his entire time in Vancouver. Players have a bad season once in a while. Give him the off season to figure it out and at the end of 12/13 management will revisit it.

I've been a supporter of Lu since the beginning. I have never once bashed him on this forum in the long time I've been here. I've always believed that he would have a turning point and get over some of the inconsistencies that have plagued him in his career. But I gotta say, I think it's time to move along for this team. It's not that he's not a great goaltender, anybody that says he isn't is out of their mind. He's just not the right fit for Vancouver. This city is hard on people who are consistently in control of their mind. Luongo isn't always, and the media and the fans blow it out of control. He's a great goaltender, but I think that Schneider has the mental control to stick it out in this environment.

I am not saying he's not worth the money, or that he's a bad goaltender. He's just never going to reach his potential in this city.

Everyone is so ready to have a fire sale it's sickening..... how quickly we forget we were 1 game away from a stanley cup, and we have been in all three games this series..... it's very tough to admit that we are probably not going anywhere this year.... but I don't think our whole team needs dealt over a rough playoff series. We do need more grit, we do need another good top 6 forward, and perhaps..... we potenially need a better coach... I don't mind AV, don't know that at this moment I like him all too much either.... but sometimes it's just time for a new voice at the helm, it's not a shot at him, I'm just saying sometimes the same message comes across stronger from a new voice.

Anyways that all being said... CDC makes me sick with how many pathetic fans we have on here who were throwing in the towel after Game 2, and now are convinced after Game 3 that we are done..... how quickly we forget it was just last year that Chicago... seemingly easily made it 3-3 in the blink of an eye... it can happen we just have to rattle quick. Anyways that's my rant.... I'd be happy with starting with getting 1 win and going from there.... getting swept just doesn't look great on the presidents trophy winners......

Guest BuckFoston

because he doesn't want to play any longer for a team that isn't starting him in their biggest games of the season, in a city that doesn't appreciate him. i'd leave if i were him.

His cap hit is actually fairly low and getting lower all the time in comparison with the other starters.

MANY teams would love to get his contract which gives you great long term cost certainty for a guy who is easily in the top 10 goalies in the league, if not close to being in the top 5.

....runs downhill, so cut it off at the head. Gillis, you're gone. AV and crew, you're next.

Then you look for the obvious cancer(s) in the locker room, and you weed them out.

Ryan Kesler -- you give this team a bad name. Get your euro-trash-esque diving out of this city. Nobody like to watch you pout your way to the bench every time you botch a play anymore; the novelty has worn off. You're a nobody, and the team is better off without you.

Mason Raymond -- nobody wants you around. Nobody wants to pass to you, and nobody feels confident with you on the ice. You're failure to maintain any sort of offensive pressure has worn thin on a majority of Canucks fans over several years where improvement is simply lacking in all aspects of the game.

Aaron Rome -- you get ice-time you don't deserve. With AV gone, you'd best follow, and ram your **** up his *** elsewhere. Don't let the door b!tchslap you on your way out.

After this, you get rid of the heartless chumps that have no place winning a championship:

Dale Wiese -- why would a cup contender ever sign you? Later.

Zack Kassian -- wtf are you doing here? Can I have Hodgson back, please?

And an Honorable Mention:

Kieth Ballard -- sorry it didn't work out? Nobody for sure can tell what exactly happened here... what else can I say?

When it comes down to it, the Aquilini's have the potential to run their fingers much deeper than just the ability to finance their franchise. I think they should. Every other team is doing it, it would seem.

Guest BuckFoston

His cap hit is actually fairly low and getting lower all the time in comparison with the other starters.

MANY teams would love to get his contract which gives you great long term cost certainty for a guy who is easily in the top 10 goalies in the league, if not close to being in the top 5.

Untouchables:

Kesler

Booth

Higgins

Lappy

Sedins

Burrows

Edler

Bieksa

Hamhuis

Anyone else is fair game. What is certain after this series is that one of Luongo and Schneider MUST GO. Clearly our team lack enough offence to win a play off series. Trading away one of the goalies will give us that extra piece to push us over the top.

I honestly think Luongo was the best player on the ice in games 1 and 2. Unfortunately it is much more "economical" to keep Schneider, assuming he is willing to sign for $3-4m 4-5 years.

I don't know anymore. I am not sure I am thinking straight. I had been a die hard fan for so long and had support most of our players. However this series really put a nail into my heart. I have no idea why we are getting crushed like this. But something is obviously VERY WRONG.

We MUST get back into the 3 line offence design. That was what got us into the finals last year, and even then it isn't enough to win the Cup. 2 line offence is guaranteed to fail. It isn't enough. Can't even get past the 1st round.

Our core is set and they aren't going anywhere

It's the bottom end depth players that need a revamp. Too many passengers on the current squad IMO; too many players content to watch other players do the work and not want to get engaged themselves.

Pahlsson, Raymond, Malhotra (sadly), Weise, Kassian, Lapierre are all candidates.

Wish I could put Booth on that list but doubt anyone will want his salary on their hands

Archived