The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players Gone Next Season ...

Lui's Knob

Dude, he IS in the top 5. He's almost in the top 15 for ALL-TIME records.

Lundqivst and arguably Kipper are the only goalies in the league that are better than him, IMHO.

(It depends with Kipper. I think it would be more of an even tie between Luongo and Kipper)

Guest BuckFoston

Dude, he IS in the top 5. He's almost in the top 15 for ALL-TIME records.

Lundqivst and arguably Kipper are the only goalies in the league that are better than him, IMHO.

(It depends with Kipper. I think it would be more of an even tie between Luongo and Kipper)

I'm sorry I'd rather keep players who don't give up on the play and occasionally stick up for themselves over players that have done NOTHING for us when it counts, absolutely NOTHING.

It's honestly novelty to have identical twins playing for you, but when they don't play AT ALL in the playoffs, the novelty starts to wear off.

Kesler and Booth for Landeskog?

Higgins Schroeder and our first for Perron?

Sauve, a pair of 2nd rounders, Grenier for Eller

Trade Luongo for Picks and prospects

D. Sedin H. Sedin Landeskog

Burrows Lapierre Perron

Jensen Eller Hansen

Bitz S. Schneider Kassian

Hamhuis Bieksa

Connauton Tanev

Edler Andersson or Tommernes

C. Schneider

E. Lack

This is true (Lapierre's got skill and is intense so I would keep him, he just chirps too much lately). Kassian especially has been disappointing and looks like Oreskovich lately. Malhotra to be honest has not been too bad defensively plus he shows good hustle though he is not much more than Ryan Johnson. Weise is a plug and Raymond should play old-time soccer. He`s good as a sweeper but is not reliable for offense.

Canucks really need a tough guy, look at how well Torres is playing in Phoenix.. gillis really blew that one big time, you can't let guys like Brown run around hitting our top players.. Sedins literally get walked all over because we have no one to stand up for them!!

Hard to say, depends what happens with the CBA. Like I like the way guys like Booth & Ballard play, but not at their cap hit but how are we going to offload the contracts? Amnesty buyouts could drastically change things.

Lot up in the air this off-season, depending the way the CBA goes down we could come out smelling like roses or doggy doo.

Kesler and Booth for Landeskog?

Higgins Schroeder and our first for Perron?

Sauve, a pair of 2nd rounders, Grenier for Eller

Trade Luongo for Picks and prospects

D. Sedin H. Sedin Landeskog

Burrows Lapierre Perron

Jensen Eller Hansen

Bitz S. Schneider Kassian

Hamhuis Bieksa

Connauton Tanev

Edler Andersson or Tommernes

C. Schneider

E. Lack

Cant be serious.. Ryan Johnson gave everything to the Canucks blocking shots, throwing hits and winning faceoffs in his breif time here. Can you tell me at any part of tonights game where Malhotra threw a hit and blocked shots??

You bash Kassian and Weise but wingers are only as good as their centres...

Canucks really need a tough guy, look at how well Torres is playing in Phoenix.. gillis really blew that one big time, you can't let guys like Brown run around hitting our top players.. Sedins literally get walked all over because we have no one to stand up for them!!

- Hank and Danny need a legitimate first line winger. Burrows is a fantastic player, but wouldn't be a first liner on just about any other team. Sedins' inflate stats. Burrows is a (much better) version of Anson Carter. This would also give the second line a player that doesn't always think shoot first and is a little more solid in his puck moving ability than Higgins (and definitely more so than Raymond).

- I want Malhotra gone. Sucks to happen to him, especially after he found new life in his career, but yeah... 2.5M to win face offs and then get stuck in your own zone anyway because he can't follow the play well enough.

- Raymond needs to be allowed to hit UFA and walk. He doesn't really fit a top 6 role and he certainly doesn't fit a bottom 6 role. There's just no where to put him without it screwing up a line.

- I want Pahlsson re-signed to a one/two year deal at a lower cost. It's late in his career and I could see him taking 1.75ish to play for a contender in his final season(s).

- I feel like Ballard has looked really good in this series, but we have way too much invested in D who aren't really top tier, elite defenders. Hamhuis is the closest thing we have to that, and he came to us from a team who have two better than him still... if we can grab a game breaker on the blue line then it would have to be Ballard we move out to be able to afford it.

- Edler has been garbage this series, and I seriously want to just rage waive him. But aside from this awful stretch, he's a pretty good deal at 3.25M for the next year.

- I think in the long run it would obviously be best to go with Schneider, but I don't see any way of making that happen amicably. What happens if Luongo says no to waiving his NTC? He's an emotional guy, and if he chose to force us to move Schneider after asking him to leave... just a wreck waiting to happen.

- Kassian needs to be walked through what we expect of him in his exit interview. He needs to play way more physical. He has great size and decent speed for a guy that big, he needs to use them to his advantage. If he needs time to develop, let him do it with top 6 minutes with the Wolves rather than sitting on the bench 56 minutes of the game.

- Kesler's diving and embellishment need to be addressed in his exit interview. Focus on playing the game. He'd probably get more calls if he weren't flailing all over the ice and chirping the refs when they don't call it.

Essentially, next year I see our line up being:

Sedin - Sedin - ?

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

? - Lapierre - ?

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - ?

Tanev - ?

Johnson actually became very predicable with his blocked shots. I remember it cost us big time in the series against the kings several years back when they scored on the PP 6 times in a row.

not sure what the argument is but all Maholtra has done is win faceoffs.. important but need alot more for 2.5 milll

Archived