The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Player Comparison

After watching the first round of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs I have come to some clear conclusions on who some of the 2012 canucks remind me of....

1. Henrik Sedin - No Comparison - All around stud with elite playmaking talent. A one of a kind player who showed resilience and toughness after getting up from that hit from Brown last night.

2. Ryan Kesler = Shawn Horcoff - In 05-06 Horcoff posted a magical 73 points... in the following years he has never eclipsed 53. In 09-10 Kes posted 75pts and 10-11 posted 73 points. A couple magical seasons only to be followed up with horcoff syndrome. In 11-12 has 49 pts in 77 Gp. He's become independent of his wingers, enters the zone, and takes one wild wrist shot from the top of the circles. Sure he's a great player but right now is reminding me of a Shawn Horcoff style guy who's great in the face-off cirlce, can kill penalties, but isn't going to put up top numbers anymore.

3. Maxim Lapierre = Jarkko Ruutu fused with old school matt cooke - What happened to Lappy playing in-between the whistles? He's become unglued and is taking selfish penalties. He's such an effective player when he keeps his mouth shut he's great defensively, can produce offense, and is a key utility player on the team.

4. Mason Raymond = Alexandre Daigle, Patrick Stefan, Brett Lindros etc. Don't even get me started. He brings nothing to the table, single-handedly destroys offense, and is a floating defensive liability. Every time he's on the ice the opponent gets a great scoring chance.

5. David Booth = A Big Mason Raymond 2.0 - He was brought in to play in a top 6 role and provide a big body presence who can deliver offense. But this guy just has no hands and no hockey sense, just skates around aimlessly... Just a larger version of Mason Raymond.

6. Alex Edler = ............. a Timbit's novice minor player or an intoxicated Rory Fitzpatrick - What has happened to this guy? He's single handedly lost us 3 games in a row... Just crumblingns

7. Chris Higgins = Joe Thornton -. Not for his skill . No solely for his ability to disappear in the playoffs. This guy was quoted as our X-factor and a big key to success for the nucks. He's a team worst -3 in the playoffs thus far

8. Sami Pahllson = Rookie Ryan Kesler without the yapping - He looks okay, but doesn't produce very much. Despite his old age he still is a pretty good skater. A good checker, but doesnt bring much to the table. Would like have seen us go with a more offensive flashy 3rd line that could pot us some goals in times of need...

These are just a few I had on the top of my mind.. What do you all think about these comparisons??

don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...don't feed the troll...

Archived