The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Terrible Response To Hit On Hank!

nuckelhead90

Im not the only one that thinks this, pj stock said it as well in-between 1st and 2nd. Brown hitting hank like that and all he gets is grabbed by bieksa and burrows. GIve me a break they did the same thing to keith, i thought that is why they traded hogdson to get toughness. Someone should have dropped the gloves and starting throwing punches. I know some of you are going to say oh but then we get a penalty or suspension. WHO CARES!! we need to stand up for our top guys! People keep doing it to them so just hugging them and a little face rub is not doing the trick! I was mad to see a tough guy like bieksa just grab him! Did u see what the senators guy did to new york! thats what you do to respond!!

Terrible coaching or w.e. it is idunno but if you trade away players to be tough them use them! don't have them on the bench if thats the case get skilled guys and play them instead of having tough guys and not playing them!!

Wow, are you bloody serious? Clean hit. You want Bieksa to go in there like idiot Carkner and pound on a defenseless guy? All Brown would have done is turtled, and Bieksa would be out for game 4. Stupid.

How about making him pay on the friggin scoreboard instead.

Wow, are you bloody serious? Clean hit. You want Bieksa to go in there like idiot Carkner and pound on a defenseless guy? All Brown would have done is turtled, and Bieksa would be out for game 4. Stupid.

How about making him pay on the friggin scoreboard instead.

Too bad the captain of the team has to put up with a mugging EVERYTIME he is on the ice...to all the kitties on this thread I think curling maybe a bettter sport to watch...no really.

Its pathetic not to answer this on the ice without beating the crap out of Dustin Brown, now, NOW, he has the licence of the canucks to run any player he wants on the roster, because he knows there will be no answer for it....scoring goals dont count especially if your not scoring them.

This is a bia$ch team ... full of kitties and the biggest one coaches them...someone better grow some berries and this team better start beleiving in themselves. Making Dustin Brown accountable is a damn start.

Im not the only one that thinks this, pj stock said it as well in-between 1st and 2nd. Brown hitting hank like that and all he gets is grabbed by bieksa and burrows. GIve me a break they did the same thing to keith, i thought that is why they traded hogdson to get toughness. Someone should have dropped the gloves and starting throwing punches. I know some of you are going to say oh but then we get a penalty or suspension. WHO CARES!! we need to stand up for our top guys! People keep doing it to them so just hugging them and a little face rub is not doing the trick! I was mad to see a tough guy like bieksa just grab him! Did u see what the senators guy did to new york! thats what you do to respond!!

Terrible coaching or w.e. it is idunno but if you trade away players to be tough them use them! don't have them on the bench if thats the case get skilled guys and play them instead of having tough guys and not playing them!!

We took 2 minutes for our "limited" response to the hit, would you be happier if we took 2, 5, 10 and a game for an instagator or a suspension from something dumber? What exactly were you looking for? Bieksa took a run at Brown and admited to taking a clean opportunity when he saw it.

Well funny how Henrik Sedin came out and said it was a Clean Hit!

But I am still an old time hockey fan and the reaction to seeing your star player/captain get drilled like that and no one went after him right away is what kinda pissed me off. Yes Bieksa and Ballard went after him obviously more Bieksa, but it was a little late reaction, after they saw Henrik leaning on the boards then they decided to go after Brown, it shouldn't of taken that long to go after Brown.

Are you serious? whats wrong with people, what do you expect the response to be!?

it was a clean hit, Bieksa and Burrows went after Brown, do you want blood-shed or something?

F***ing people these days.

Please stop falling back to the "Henrik himself said it was a clean hit"

nonsense. The cleanliness of the hit is irrelevant, we need players who,

although they bring other things to the table, are going to get their Captain's

back when he gets roughed up.

What does Bieksa prove if he abuses Brown? Maybe nothing, but at least

he's communicating that if you rough up our Captain (which Brown has been

going out of his way to do if your remember him punching Hank while he lay in the

net earlier in the series) then we're going to return the favor by roughing you up.

It makes me sick to see how ravenously the Penguins protect Sid the kid, when he

actually instigates most of the brawls that he gets in.

Henrik plays with class, takes his lumps and gets back up again, always supporting his

teammates and we need a bit more of a response than we got thus far.

Bottom line: when your leader/best player gets run. Get even, and hope the intimidation

will effect a different outcome in the future.

All that said: is game 3 in a playoff series when the game is tied the best time to get even?

Probably not, but then again, maybe the right kind of response might have been the anitidote

we needed...

PS. I'm a little frustrated, can you tell?

Can't call it a clean hit. He was not going for the puck and had only one intention hit the player. It was 2 seconds after the puck was gone and it should have been a penalty.

I don't agree with brute hockey and I don't think we needed to go after them.

Canucks need to score, thats how we make them pay.

Every series has bad officiating and players have idea on what will be called and what won't. Something needs to be done or the NHL will be nothing more then UFC on ice.

Archived