The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will The Raymond Hate Ever End?

Ugli Fruit

The guy is one of our best forwards right now. He is backchecking, hitting effectively, not falling, creating chances and generally doing everything but scoring, which is more than one can say about a lot of people.

This is people's reasoning to give Kesler a free pass.

- He was injured and missed training camp

- The PP is struggling; so naturally he will too

- He gives 100% consistently

- He is defensively solid

Yet, the funny thing is, Raymond does the same things Kesler does.

- He was injured and missed training camp (even worse injury)

- He was taken off the PP (also, the PP sucking should have something to do with its members. Kesler is a member)

But Raymond can be hated upon with impunity? He doesn't even have close to Kesler's ice time either.

Why is he being hated on now? He's doing nothing wrong other than scoring (nobody is scoring). He actually hits, and he knocked down a few people from his hits. I also saw him jawing at Brown the shift after he hit Henrik (shows he's really passionate). I saw him skating hard and backchecking. I saw him make some good passes (eg. to Lapierre in front of the net in period 1).

So why is he being hated on? Of course, not all of CDC is, but there are too many people bashing him than necessary IMO.

Edit: Why does nobody actually read my point?

These arguments again are : He isn't scoring, he is falling down, he can't make a pass.

He isn't scorng, but Kesler isn't either. He ISN'T falling and he IS making passes as of now.

It's a dumb time to hate on him and people just think he's still bad.

The guy is one of our best forwards right now. He is backchecking, hitting effectively, not falling, creating chances and generally doing everything but scoring, which is more than one can say about a lot of people.

This is people's reasoning to give Kesler a free pass.

- He was injured and missed training camp

- The PP is struggling; so naturally he will too

Yet, the funny thing is, Raymond does the same things Kesler does.

- He was injured and missed training camp (even worse injury)

- He was taken off the PP (also, the PP sucking should have something to do with its members. Kesler is a member)

But Raymond can be hated upon with impunity? He doesn't even have close to Kesler's ice time either.

Why is he being hated on now? He's doing nothing wrong other than scoring (nobody is scoring). He actually hits, and he knocked down a few people from his hits. I also saw him jawing at Brown the shift after he hit Henrik (shows he's really passionate). I saw him skating hard and backchecking. I saw him make some good passes (eg. to Lapierre in front of the net in period 1).

So why is he being hated on? Of course, not all of CDC is, but there are too many people bashing him than necessary IMO.

Guest The Brown Burrows

The playoffs don't matter if he was playing like crap during the regular season.

* Not consistent

Ryan Kesler is on a big contract and he has played well this year, only his offence was crap

* People will always be biased towards Kesler (fan favorite)

kesler has a history of success

raymond has a history of failure and disappointment

raymond continues to cough up the. puck at inopportune times, cannot win a puck battle in the corners and is virtually impossible to play with as it's extremely difficult to read what he is going to do with the puck after he circles the zone 12 times.

raymond does not deserve the ice time he receives, but the fact of the matter is he's much too soft and weak to be a 3rd or 4th line player and doesn't have the vision to play anywhere near a top 6 role consistently.

I don't really think Kesler has been given a complete free pass, alot of people are complaining about him, saying we should maybe trade him or move him to wing, exc. (I know typical right?)

But atleast Kesler brings alot more than Raymond does,

-Faceoffs, speed (like mayray), goes hard on the forecheck, great shot blocker, goes hard to the net, goes to the dirty areas and whatever else.

Raymond has speed, but he always falls down when he makes sudden turns or when he stops up, he doesn't create chances for anyone else but himself and he never finishes, hes decent on the PK but he doesn't really block shots he's just good at intercepting passes and that's about it.

Honestly Raymond is only valuable on the PK because of his Speed, that's really all he brings in general, and since he has to play top 6 (Apparently) he needs to produce and since he doesn't we should move him and have someone else take that position.

what are you talking about?!? hated on NOW?

hes been hated on for a long time, and for good reason!... yes, he has been one of our better players so far - but that really isnt saying much!

raymonds 'defensive game' is so over-rated, its basically die-hard raymond fans trying to think of reasons to keep him... because he sure as hell isnt scoring! take a look at his playoff numbers!, its not like raymond not producing is a new thing... your too lazy to look up his stats? ok here.

49GP 7G 9A 16 points, and the defensive superstar has a stunning -4.

people hating on raymond isnt confined to the 3 games this playoffs... and if you think they are, you need to open your eyes and ears OP... and comparing him to kesler? COME ON.. HOW MANY SELKE TROPHIES DOES RAYMOND HAVE? HOW MANY 40 GOAL SEASONS??? HOW MANY 30 GOAL SEASONS??? ZERO? WAKE UP!

7 goals in 49 playoff games which mean 7 in 46 not including this year while playing healthy on a second line.

Not good enough the hate will end when he's gone.

I liked Raymond but this year I saw the light or was it all the falling down,stopping and curling off before the net and outside useless shoots.

Shows flashes of speed and dash but that's it and someone else can fill his role. I see him being signed then traded for a pick.

HItting effectively?? NOT falling?? Creating chances???

Are you watching the same games that everyone else is watching??

The only time that Raymond isn't falling is when he DOESNT have the puck.

Give him the puck and he'll drop to the floor faster than you can count to 5.

Archived