The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will The Raymond Hate Ever End?

Ugli Fruit

kesler has a history of success

raymond has a history of failure and disappointment

raymond continues to cough up the. puck at inopportune times, cannot win a puck battle in the corners and is virtually impossible to play with as it's extremely difficult to read what he is going to do with the puck after he circles the zone 12 times.

raymond does not deserve the ice time he receives, but the fact of the matter is he's much too soft and weak to be a 3rd or 4th line player and doesn't have the vision to play anywhere near a top 6 role consistently.

I think they're all open to the hate right now,,,I have no idea why Coach V put him on the top line,,,he must see something in his gameplay that noone else does.. I think he tries hard but can never finish his plays,,always pushed off the puck or falls down..Kesler is sucking big time right now,,about the only thing he has going for him is the face off circle.......

Other than Hansen hitting the post, pretty much every single chance has been generated by MayRay, he still falls occasionally but unlike in the season, he still keeps puck possession and makes a pass or shot. He is checking well, actually throwing his weight (though small) around and if and when he loses the puck it's in the offensive zone NOT RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR OWN NET.. yea im looking at you Salo, Edler and Manny. He's among the few players that have shown up this series.

I agree with the OP. Our most effective forwards right now are Hansen and Mayray.

At least they're not actively costing the team like Edler, Salo and Malhotra.

Higgins is also getting a free pass right now for some reason. I feel like he's been on for every goal against this entire series.

Archived