The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would You Prefer Your Captain To Be Henrik Or Brown?

fanfor42

Second post for an old timer. Don't think so, but if I am reiterating a previous thread please indulge me.

Henrik proved last night that he is worthy of the Canucks captaincy. The hit he took was brutal. Sanctionable or not it was enough to knock almost any player loopy. Henrik, with 581 straight games without an injury returned to play within a couple of shifts and played hard. A gutsy three minute powerplay shift was followed by great play afterward.

This is exactly what the team needed. His personal show of strength and fortitude is a rallying point for the team. His subsequent comments in the media reinforce his drive and commitment. This is what great captains do.

The team will rally around their captain. Already Daniel is heading to LA and may play.

If the Canucks are going to come back in this series, this may well be the start. Regardless of the team's success in this series, the captain has shown what he is made of. This will pay dividends down the road. Well done Henrik.

On the other hand, Brown did the job for his team. However, it started with a cheap shot on Vancouver's captain. Will this motivate his team like Henrik's fortitude will do? Or, will it underline the fact that although he had a good game, he took advantage of a player in a vulnerable postition to make a cheap hit. Will he be remembered for his game? Or will Henrik be remembered for his guts? I'm betting on Henrik.

Still believing that the better team will come back in this series. Henrik has provided the spark. Would you rather have Brown or Henrik? I'm certain of my choice.

I don't want my captain going around and throwing questionable hits. We're scrutinized enough as it is.

Kesler? Really? I'd rather have a Slip N' Slide as my captain with the rate he's falling.

Henrik overcame a massive hit, came back in a couple minutes and had possibly his best shift of the playoffs so far, which is impressive.

You know my vote.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Henrik.

* Ryan Kesler would be a bad captain (great assistants though) but I don't think he would be that good for a captain.

^ Just my opinion, no need to flame...

Henrik, and I'm not just saying that.

Brown's having a good series, I'll give him that. Remember Henrik against San Jose?

Plus, he's captained this team to 2 President's Trophies, a Clarence Campbell, 2 division titles. Regardless of what you may think about his 'toughness', the guys taken a beating on and off the ice for years, and still takes full responsibility for him and his team no matter what the circumstances. Class act, and I think he's a great captain.

Hank because he is our captain and I breath blue and green, to consider taking the enemy as my own captain is unheard.

Far as the hit goes I've said countless times in the last 24 hours that hit could not have been cleaner I'm afriad, I didn't like it either, but it was a good solid hard hit, well within a second of Hank moving the puck. He should have been more alert to Brown coming and since he was literally 3 inches from his own bench, there were about 18 other guys (including coaches/trainers) that could've been helping warn him... however clearly no one did in enough time which is still angering me, it's the 2nd time this series one of our boys has been leveled right in front of our bench, that should never happen (burrows being the first)

Well since Brown is not a Canuck and Sedin was the teams choice ( whether it was done by player vote or by arbitrary management decision IDK ) He is our captain and I'll stand by him irregardless of how I feel about his playoff performances over the years. There is more to being a captain than producing points and you've just pointed out a huge quality that every captain should have, I give him full marks for that gutsy performance.

Brown. Henrik is obviously a heck of a player, but Dustin Brown not only has the talent and toughness, he has the heart to put his team on his shoulders and carry them when they need it. To see this you really need to take the homer glasses off and be a fan of the game, not just the Nucks.

Henrik. There is only one thing I wish Hank was better at - showing emotion. I dunno why, I just always assume everyone would respond better if he would be a little more blunt on some subjects rather than being so... politically correct, so to speak. I realize a lot of what he says is just tailored to the media though so that there is no way they can twist his words into something he didn't mean.

Archived