The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Coming Back Too Early?

D.Doughty

That's what I am worried about as well. I'm all for Daniel coming back, but ONLY if he's actually ready and feeling 100%. I wouldn't want to risk him getting any worse than he already is and if he suffers a setback that sees him sidelined for an even longer period of time.. well, I wouldn't want that. No matter how great it would be to have him in game 4.

I have had a history of concussions and know all about it. Daniel is coming back early for sure (based on last weeks info he is not far but not close). I am also assuming Hank is a little banged up in the watermelon area as well - I don't see how he can't be.

If i was Dan I would play and take my chances. What he can expect is headaches and dizziness but you can play through that. If you get banged up its like re-injuring something that never healed and it will mean the recover is longer. For the record my injuries were worse than Daniel's - in one game I was knocked right out .

I think if there is any doubt in the doctors' and Daniel's mind he will wait. The reality is we are down 3-0 and the odds are overwhelmingly not in our favour.

I don't think they/he would risk his career and future well-being to try to accomplish what many would consider to require a miracle when he can wait for a potential game 5 with lots of extra rest. The chances that we win game 4 without him (and then put him in for the rest of the series) would obviously be considered higher than winning 4 straight even with him in all 4 and they probably realize this.

With 3 full days between game 4 and game 5, I think if they had any doubt they would take their chances without him in game 4 and if they win that, maybe bring him in with an additional full week's rest (from today) for game 5.

Archived