The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Coming Back Too Early?

D.Doughty

Even if he is good to go you think LA wont be aiming to hit him in the head again? Brown went for a twincussion the other day. They know that once you have a concussion it is easier to get another one. Getting another one this soon after would be terrible. If we make it out of this round there will be more danger ahead for him. It's high risk for low chance :unsure:

Even if he is good to go you think LA wont be aiming to hit him in the head again? Brown went for a twincussion the other day. They know that once you have a concussion it is easier to get another one. Getting another one this soon after would be terrible. If we make it out of this round there will be more danger ahead for him. It's high risk for low chance :unsure:

I think Daniel and the Canuck training staff are SMART enough to know that if they put him in a playoff game situation, they better be 100% sure he is healthy, fully recovered and ready to play. They're not so stupid as to risk further injury with the team already down 3-0 and his whole career (and general wellbeing) at stake if he gets re-injured.

I'm looking at this news as a good thing, Danny's making a speedy recovery which is awesome. And if he feels ready to play and gets clearance from doctors, i don't think he's coming back too early. But, if he doesn't feel so hot after practice tmrw, I'm pretty sure he and the Canucks will be smart enough to keep him out of the game, protect his career and his life which is the most important thing.

he is what the Canucks need right now. However, with saying that if he isn't 100% he shouldn't play. I would rather losing this year and having a healthy Sedin next year than the risk of losing Daniel for the rest of his life. It's not just hockey, but his personal life could be affected and hopefully that does not happen. Hopefully he'll be good and ready to go for game 4 (the extra day helps ;) ) and we can come out of our scoring drought and scare Quick out the net

Got to beleive people, fat lady isn't singing or hasn't even arrived yet....

I think this is a huge mistake on the part of both the organization and Daniel.

When you come off an injury like a concussion, the last thing you want to do is have your first game back as a playoff must win, do-or-die game against an opponent who is playing some pretty physical hockey.

His conditioning is not there, his timing is probably off, and I know some LA King is just dying to take a run at him.

If anything maybe treat this as a morale boost for the rest of the Canucks.

I really hope Daniel knows what he's doing and perhaps just play him on the powerplay where he has more time and space.

Archived