The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Officiating

Hectic

Not 100% related to the Canucks, so I'll post this here -

Just gotta say something about officiating, not particularly in this series, this season, or against the Canucks. Ive been a hockey referee for about 8 years now and the officials that work NHL games are extremely qualified and the road to becoming an NHL referee isn't a short one. When people put the blame on a referee, that's just hitting a low point. Whenever I ref a game, and someone has the nerve to say that they lost the game "because of the referee" or something along those lines, it's honestly just a cry for help, and an inability to take the owness on their own team for their faults within the game. Same goes for games against the Canucks or elsewhere in the league. Officiating never costs a team a game, it goes both ways and adjusting to the various unbiased officiating throughout the league is just a part of achieving success. A game is 60 minutes long, if not longer, and playing an entire game is what wins you hockey games. Yes, not every call is perfect, but remember it does go both ways. Remember to stay unbiased, and remember to stay classy.

Just gotta say something about officiating, not particularly in this series, this season, or against the Canucks. Ive been a hockey referee for about 8 years now and the officials that work NHL games are extremely qualified and the road to becoming an NHL referee isn't a short one. When people put the blame on a referee, that's just hitting a low point. Whenever I ref a game, and someone has the nerve to say that they lost the game "because of the referee" or something along those lines, it's honestly just a cry for help, and an inability to take the owness on their own team for their faults within the game. Same goes for games against the Canucks or elsewhere in the league. Officiating never costs a team a game, it goes both ways and adjusting to the various unbiased officiating throughout the league is just a part of achieving success. A game is 60 minutes long, if not longer, and playing an entire game is what wins you hockey games. Yes, not every call is perfect, but remember it does go both ways. Remember to stay unbiased, and remember to stay classy.

the refs have lost control of the games its bush league hockey were anything goes star players will be injured and all the nhl and shanahan will do when these star players get injured is slap them with a 1-3 game suspension or a fine

the torres hit will be reviewed if the league wants to send a message they need to suspend torres for 10 plus games that is the only way to get a hold of this debacle its truly pathetic what has been allowed to happen during the first round of the playoffs

the refs have lost control of the games its bush league hockey were anything goes star players will be injured and all the nhl and shanahan will do when these star players get injured is slap them with a 1-3 game suspension or a fine

the torres hit will be reviewed if the league wants to send a message they need to suspend torres for 10 plus games that is the only way to get a hold of this debacle its truly pathetic what has been allowed to happen during the first round of the playoffs

I think the best example that prooves this wrong would be a missed toe in the crease. Ask Buffalo and Hasek about losing not only a game but a possible cup because of a blown call. The Refs can decide a game with a bad call or bad game. They are human and just like players will have bad games and make the difference especially with the parody in the NHL between a win or loss.

I think the best example that prooves this wrong would be a missed toe in the crease. Ask Buffalo and Hasek about losing not only a game but a possible cup because of a blown call. The Refs can decide a game with a bad call or bad game. They are human and just like players will have bad games and make the difference especially with the parody in the NHL between a win or loss.

Archived