The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Gdt] Game 4--Canucks Vs. Kings--Wed, April 18Th. 7:00 Pm

Toni Zamboni

Win or lose I was really happy to see Daniel back. But rather than just showing up, he and brother Henrik took over this game and played some of their best hockey in months. The saves before Henrik's insurance marker made me think Quick might be able to steal this one, which is probably why I cheered extra hard when Hank made it count. And Schneider was sparkling.

How about that Sammy Pahlsson guy huh?

17:59 minutes of ice time and 15:43 5-on-5 minutes - that's 3rd most on our forward group only after the Sedins. This guy can shut down whoever is on the ice at any time.

This is why we got him - Pahlsson gives us 18 minutes of mistake-free suffocating hockey and we rely on the Sedins and Kesler to a lesser extent to score goals.

Tonight everybody played their role - goaltending was great, Sedins scored on the PP and the bottom 6 shut down the other team when needed. Other than the one fatal mistake by Raymond, the team bailed each other out.

Finally. Dan's presence made a bigger difference than I thought and Schneider started which I am happy it did but didn't think they would. Also, it was good to see them throwing pucks on the net in a consistent manner rather than passing and looking for a perfect shot. We killed of the penalties good, was still concerned with a couple bad penalties we took like that extra shot that Edler took which was so blatant and when it was still 2-1.

Archived