The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler To Montreal

Whats the point of trading this core (despite the 3-0 deficit) that is one of the best teams in the league.

I would say this is a complete rebuild...your moving a guy people think has Norris potential, a recent Selke winner, off of the top team in the league for draft picks essentially.

Draft picks who could very well bust.

We know what we have in Kesler/Edler and there is no point in moving them.

So, should Pittsburgh be looking at moving Malkin/Letang/Fleury?

That was a pretty good team during the regular season...fizzled out in the playoffs.

Our issues are offense, and we are missing our best offensive player.

How would Philly be doing in the playoffs if they were missing Giroux?

You don't think Yakupov, Grigorenko, or Ryan Murray are impact players and maybe potentially BETTER than Kesler and Edler? It's a crap shoot when you're dealing with the draft, however, more than not, top 5 players are pretty safe bets to be stars in this league. This is why they are ranked so highly, because they have an elite skill that the others in the draft don't possess.

Hey Billabong... if you have something constructive to say and can say it tastefully, then please contribute your thoughts but otherwise refrain from these types of responses. It doesn't contribute a thing. If you think you can come up with a better proposal, let's hear it.

All I can say is if we lose this 1st round, big changes will occur because this is a huge hockey market and this team has brought tremendous expectations on themselves. The fans here expect excellence and a winning culture has been firmly established here in Vancouver but if things aren't working in this hockey mad market, changes will be expected. That's the price now of being a team in Vancouver. It's all under a microscope now.

I have to disagree. The fans there can turn on you worse than any other NHL city. Plus, who cares about the storied history if it means taking away your chance to win a Cup? Would he really want to skate underneath all of those banners knowing he doesn't have a shot at one?

Yep... I know people are upset... so am I.

Having a knee jerk re-building mode reaction which takes us farther away from winning isn't the answer.

If the management thinks we need a "chemistry" change... you swap out ONE of our core players for someone else who is already a top roster player. That could mean Kesler or Luongo or someone else moves... but you get something of equal immediate value back.

Good chance they become just as good/better. No doubt.

However, by the time they are that good chances are the Sedins will face a serious regression in their game, or retire by that point.

Why not have a core of players who are in their prime now and can challenge?

It doesn't make sense to trade away prime age players who are producing for players who are years away when your a Stanley Cup contender.

if we won a cup i probably wouldnt care if we sucked for the next 10 yrs.

Plus, would you rather us take the sharks approach? Constantly disappointing in the playoffs year after year while their core is slowly on a downwards spiral? once they get eliminated the gm simply says "better luck next year boys".

im not saying trade the sedins but a least philly had the balls to make a change.

if we won a cup i probably wouldnt care if we sucked for the next 10 yrs.

Plus, would you rather us take the sharks approach? Constantly disappointing in the playoffs year after year while their core is slowly on a downwards spiral? once they get eliminated the gm simply says "better luck next year boys".

im not saying trade the sedins but a least philly had the balls to make a change.

Bingo... like a Luongo for Lecavalier swap (jokes)

If you trade Kesler, where do you come up with a top 6 center?

Its one thing if its something like a Kesler for Getzlaf trade...its another to turn this team into a slightly better version of the Oilers...

Bingo... like a Luongo for Lecavalier swap (jokes)

If you trade Kesler, where do you come up with a top 6 center?

Its one thing if its something like a Kesler for Getzlaf trade...its another to turn this team into a slightly better version of the Oilers...

Archived