The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Didn't We Resign Torres?

PunPryde

You know you can't have players that just destroy the room, but just because everybody in the room isn't best friends is not reason enough to dump them. I'm sure there are many teams that have won cups with teammates that don't like each other.

Keith shouldn't be playing right now for that hit on Daniel, but what's done is done.

Holy Jesus Torres! The Hawks must want to merk this guy. Puck was nowhere near Hossa and he left his feet, suspension no question.

/end thread is right.

Ps. I still want a Torres in my line up. Sorry Sh*thawk fans - Torres: 2 Hawks: 0.

PPs. My thoughts go out to Hossa, hockey hate aside. Hope he's OK.

Don't be ridiculous. Yes the hit was bad, but it's no worse than Rome on Horton, who got probably 2 more games than he deserved. That being said, it'll be unfair for Torres because he'll have the book thrown at him in order to calm the fire that is Weber's non-suspension. Repeat offender and star player injured? Recipe for a 8 game suspension IMO.

because of this.

http://blogs.canada.com/2012/04/17/raffi-torres-should-be-suspended-for-the-entire-stanley-cup-playoffs/

He is a loose cannon. Granted it seems to compete in the playoffs you have to injure 3 of the opposing players and concuss the other guys star player. The formula for a playoff winning team: one weasle, 2 goons and the luck that your star player isn't eating through a straw by the end. It kinda makes me hate playoff hockey these days (I'd say the same if the Canucks were winning ther series). Don't get me wrong. I love hard hitting, action packed hockey. But when I see Dustin Brown run Hendrick Sedin without Hendrick seeing him and with the puck on the other side of the rink, c'mon, thats just cheap. Not to metion Keith's hit on Daniel. Who else is sucking through a straw? Alfredson, Hossa, Braydon Shenn, Claude Giroux,etc.

“The violent, vengeful nature of the high cross-check in unacceptable,” Shanahan said as he spanked him with a wooden spoon 4 times with his pads on.

I like the Canucks. They are a clean, skilled team. I'd rather watch them win the Presidents trophy in consecutive years than with the goon fest that is the playoffs (this year anyway)

Cheer if you think we don't need Brad Marchand or Raffe Torres to win a cup.

How about this, suspend players for 10 games minimum OR the amount of time the player they injured is not able to play. Think about it players association. Its a good deal for your players.

Is it possible Torres is the single most overrated player in Canucks history?

Torres scored like 15 goals in the season, but I'm pretty sure he had like 5 multiple goal games. He went through periods of like 15-20 games of being COMPLETELY useless.

In the playoffs he scored 3 goals.

While he may have been the best enforcer on the team, that isn't a testament to his strength, but rather the weakness of the team.

The Canucks need top 6 strength, not firey 4th liners who contribute once every three weeks.

It isn't confusing.

Torres wanted a multi-year contract and was already one of the most inconsistent players on the team. It was cool when he'd throw those giant hits, but it was too bad he went 10-12 games sometimes without doing it.

When a player is that streaky you don't give them a multi-year contract, especially one that probably overpaid him by a 250,000 cap hit.

On top of that, who knows how much money he was originally asking for? Maybe he settled for less out of fear he wouldn't get another offer.

Too many players are glorified after their gone. Torres once went 22 games without scoring a goal last year. When he was on, he was on, but unfortunately he wasn't on often enough to deserve the contract he wanted.

Archived