The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Are Winning The Physical Battle

There are a lot of insecurities amongst Canuck fans ever since we got manhandled by the Bruins. Fans have an unrealistic expectation of the Canucks to put other players in body caskets. Any close look at the current series against the Kings and you see that the Canucks are actually winning the physical battles. For every big Dustin Brown hit, I can think of two by the Canucks. We are in Quick's kitchen more then they have been in Luongo/Schneider's (granted, hasn't helped us much).

Playoffs are about taking abuse without retribution that costs you the game. Look at Philly-Pittsburgh series. Penguins are doing exactly what the Canuck fans wish our players would do more of, and so far it's got them down 3-0 in their series. The fact that we're down 3-0 in our series falls squarely on our lack of offense, and has nothing to do with the physical edge in the series. It also doesn't help that our best defensman (Edler) has been by far our worst so far.

If you call winning the physical battle little pidly bumps here and there then sure, I guess we're winning. Those don't mean jack, its the bone crunching hits like Brown on Henrik that matter that we did NOT have an answer for. That hit right there will sum up this series as to who is winning or losing in the physical department. Not only that, you can tell half our team is scared to get hit so they cough up the puck. If that's not enough evidence I don't know what is.

Am I the only one who saw Brown hit Hank? That hit is a real life metaphor for the other thread about "which captain would you choose" .... And pretty solid evidence against this op.

Did you even read what I wrote or did you just read the title?

Lapierre and Booth double teaming Doughty

Bitz knocking out Clifford

Lapierre on Scuderi

Edler on Doughty

Edler on their rookie 2nd liner

For every Brown hit, I can think of at least two big hits on Brown (Lappy, Bieksa with the hipcheck)

Nobody has wanted to fight Rome or Kassian when they've challenged them.

As I stated, those fans that feel that physical play is the reason why we're down are wrong. We have went after Richards, Brown and Doughty just as much as they've gone after Henrik and Burrows.

Canucks aren't built to win games by playing physical, they're supposed to outskill them.

Better clean the goggles, bud ......

Double team Doughty???. Both guys missed him, then Lappy took a penalty, presumably because he was rattled by his full tilt run into the end boards.

Did you even read what I wrote or did you just read the title?

Lapierre and Booth double teaming Doughty

Bitz knocking out Clifford

Lapierre on Scuderi

Edler on Doughty

Edler on their rookie 2nd liner

For every Brown hit, I can think of at least two big hits on Brown (Lappy, Bieksa with the hipcheck)

Nobody has wanted to fight Rome or Kassian when they've challenged them.

As I stated, those fans that feel that physical play is the reason why we're down are wrong. We have went after Richards, Brown and Doughty just as much as they've gone after Henrik and Burrows.

Canucks aren't built to win games by playing physical, they're supposed to outskill them.

Archived