The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why All The Hate On 4Th Liners?

Peaches

In the last 3 days i have seen threads hating on Ebbett,Lapierre,Malhotra,Weise and Kassian.

I dont think they are the reason we are down 3-0 in the series.

Is it because everyone is sick of complaining about Edler,Luongo,Raymond,Bieksa,etc?

Can someone please explain why everyone suddenly hates the 4th line/extra players?

Regards,

CH9

Nobody hates anybody on this team ( if your a canuck fan ) maybe except raymond or ballard, but the top players aren't scoring, and the 4th liners aren't grinding hard enough. No body except the goalies, hansen, and hamhuis are raising any eyebrows.

I'm with you on this one OP, honestly have no clue how this is any of the fourth liners' fault. People seem to think Kassian is supposed to win us hockey games, but really, Pahlsson is Hodgson's replacement and I think he's doing a better job of being a checking line center than Hodgson would have. If your fourth line doesn't get scored on, and can spend some time in the offensive zone, that's all you really need from them.

yeah - heard a lot of stupid commentary - game 3 was the most important game of the year obviously - and the Canucks had two full days off afterwards - that is why AV did not use Weise much, and why Kassian had under 4 minutes of ice time - it wasn't because Weise sucks or Kassian is "lost out there", etc, blah blah blah - it was because under the circumstances AV was using his best players as often as possible. It's that simple. I love our depth guys but understand what AV was doing there. I read a "must read" article posted in Canucks talk, complaining that theser guys are being underutilized and wondering why Ebbett has not been used. Easy answers to those if people paid attention - no, those depth guys aren't producing - because they aren't playing much and 'producing' is not their role anyhow - it is not because they aren't good depth players.

In the last 3 days i have seen threads hating on Ebbett,Lapierre,Malhotra,Weise and Kassian.

I dont think they are the reason we are down 3-0 in the series.

Is it because everyone is sick of complaining about Edler,Luongo,Raymond,Bieksa,etc?

Can someone please explain why everyone suddenly hates the 4th line/extra players?

Regards,

CH9

Archived