The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Offseason) Tor - Pit

Thought this trade would be fair for both teams:

Pittsburgh receives: Nikolai Kulemin + Nazem Kadri + Carl Gunnarsson + 2012 2nd & 3rd rounders

Toronto receives: Jordan Staal + Matt Niskanen

With this deal Toronto finally gets that big first line center that they need. Pittsburgh may lose a potential first liner playing in a 3rd line center role, but get a younger player with solid potential in Kadri who can fill that void for a while a long with a winger in Kulemin who can play 2nd line minutes. Thoughts?

I think Pittsburgh would accept this gladly,

-they get one of the best prospects not in the NHL.

-a capable top 6 winger, who could find consistency with Crosby & Malkin, those guys would also make him better.

-then they also get a young D-man who will get better and could play in there top 6.

-and a 2nd and 3rd on top of that.

I would do that if I was the Pens, but if I was toronto I would probably drop the 2nd or the 3rd or maybe both then propose the Deal.

-a capable top 6 winger, who could find consistency with Crosby & Malkin, those guys would also make him better.

-then they also get a young D-man who will get better and could play in there top 6.

I would do that if I was the Pens, but if I was toronto I would probably drop the 2nd or the 3rd or maybe both then propose the Deal.

Guest The Brown Burrows

No from Pittsburgh.

That team just need a few good depths players, the core is strong (depth is killing them, well and Fleury but he is proven in the playoffs ; Stabley Cup performance).

then Toronto gets.

-some help on the back end with Niskanen

-a big piece up front and a good top centremen to play with Kessel and Lupul.

I would do that if I was the Pens, I think it works well for both teams.

Archived