The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

James Neal And Arron Asham Suspended 1 Game And 4 Games (Respectively)

Pears

Guest The Brown Burrows

Neal should have gotten 4 games as well, 2 bad hits. I Youtubed it, couldn't watch the entire game.

Guest BuckFoston

I'm snorting up a storm with laughter. Serves them all right and their baby "I don't like a single guy on their team" captain.

You don't have to like Philly, but how can you not even like guys like Briere or Mr. Universe? Oooh, how I hope they get swept tomorrow. Then everyone can cry crocodile tears.

Neal got the 40 goal discount suspension. Repeat offender previously suspended and also fined earlier this season with 2 hearings for 2 dirty hits.. But I am fine with it. The results will likely still be the same.

I'm snorting up a storm with laughter. Serves them all right and their baby "I don't like a single guy on their team" captain.

You don't have to like Philly, but how can you not even like guys like Briere or Mr. Universe? Oooh, how I hope they get swept tomorrow. Then everyone can cry crocodile tears.

Guest BuckFoston

I really found that quote weird considering Max Talbot is a Flyer and they had a mini bromance going on in Pittsburgh. It seems like Sid is just completely blinded by emotion. Also while Mario and Bylsma talked about how disappointed they were Sid was busy talking about how they and the fans have nothing to be embarrassed about.

What's weirdest to me is his targets. He yaps at the players who actually get in his face but then goes after the players that haven't done anything remotely aggressive. Voracek... Timonen... Giroux... He wanted nothing to do with Schenn when he tried to fight, the only time he stepped within 2 feet of Hartnell was when he tried to sneak attack horse collar him.

You know, the Canucks and the Penguins are in the same position down 0-3. But in my opinion, the response of the Canucks and the Penguins in their game 3 fiascos, in my opinion, show the true character of the teams at hand. The Canucks had to deal with the Brown hit, which was clean, and dealt with it in a way in which they were still in the game, didn't lose composure, and in fact got a clean hit in later in the game. However, the Penguins, for whatever it was they were upset about, went absolutely nuts on the Flyers. That in itself is why I think that if any of these teams have a better chance of coming back in their respective series, it's the Canucks, simply because they are still composed and playing their game, while the Penguins.. well..

Neal should have been suspended for more than one

the hit on Couturier was late. the hit on Giroux just totally dangerous and stupid

and to Crosby, I actually really like him but to say that you hate anyone on their team?! I'm sure that's what all the Pens fans want to hear but have some respect!

To put it into perspective, Asham gets 4 playoff games for a play where Shenn never missed a shift .. Wee Duncan Keith gets 5 regular season games for a deliberate attempt to injure and Daniel is still not back .. Shanahan and the whole apparatchik are a frigging joke .. **insert fickle finger emote here**

Seriously... it's not the first time a player says something foolish after a game, it happens... but I expect more from a captain of the Penguins, the best hockey player in the world, ect. This isn't a Lucic/Marchand interview or something. Absolutely ridiculous responses, if you are that emotional just shut your mouth, you're making the team look bad. The only time I can cheer for this guy is when he plays Team Canada.

And you are right, he sucks at fighting. Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk. There isn't one Philly player out there who is intimidated by him or his team. Flyers are beasts that will take anyone on.

What's weirdest to me is his targets. He yaps at the players who actually get in his face but then goes after the players that haven't done anything remotely aggressive. Voracek... Timonen... Giroux... He wanted nothing to do with Schenn when he tried to fight, the only time he stepped within 2 feet of Hartnell was when he tried to sneak attack horse collar him.

Archived