The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Reason The Nhl Has Gone Crazy...

Is not because Weber was only fined $2500, or because players no longer respect each other. It started in last year's final when Boston was able to steal the cup through brutally dirty play. Is it really that surprising that other teams and players are trying that same tactic? They all want to win, and they can see that the way to do it is to hurt the best players on the other team. A nobody player can take out Alfredsson/Hossa/Sedin, etc... and at the worst expect a 2-3 game suspension. Heck, the Canucks should be sending out Weise with a pipe to pull a Tanya Harding on Kopitar. He'd probably only get a 2 minute penalty so we could send him out to finish the job on Doughty and Quick while he was at it. The NHL has no one to blame but themselves.

Guest The Brown Burrows

We can always riot; this time to show the NHL we are not happy with the direction the league is going.

Except this time we would need to travel to New York.

* Tons of support (look at all those people)

* Shanahan and Bettman would be proud :')

Riot-Aerial.jpg

Hitchcock has an interesting take on it. He said the teams feel there is no real frontrunner for the cup this year and that the cup is truly up for grabs. So every player is doing anything they can to advance, ie... they are more willing to step over the line. I don't know if that's right, but he's in it, so I'm listening.

Is not because Weber was only fined $2500, or because players no longer respect each other. It started in last year's final when Boston was able to steal the cup through brutally dirty play. Is it really that surprising that other teams and players are trying that same tactic? They all want to win, and they can see that the way to do it is to hurt the best players on the other team. A nobody player can take out Alfredsson/Hossa/Sedin, etc... and at the worst expect a 2-3 game suspension. Heck, the Canucks should be sending out Weise with a pipe to pull a Tanya Harding on Kopitar. He'd probably only get a 2 minute penalty so we could send him out to finish the job on Doughty and Quick while he was at it. The NHL has no one to blame but themselves.

The fact of the matter is that violence sells, and the NHL is a business like any other. The ratings for teams like Philly/Boston are through the roof, it'll get worse before it gets better, you either adapt or get lost in the shuffle...that's just the way it is. And we all know the Canucks aren't exactly innocent in all this either...remember Rome on Horton? Raffi on Seabrook/eberle?

The league was like this prior to last year. It has just become more of a joke this season.

Until there is an actual discipline commity and someone is suspended for a season or longer this crap will continue.

I'm starting to wish TheScore was still airing SEL games.

Honestly,

This IS FUN!!!!!

What an awesome first round.

Excitement, emotion and "Truculence" are at an all time high and I for one am LOVING IT!!! This is how Hockey was MEANT to be played.

As long as no one dies, I say it's all good!

Old time hockey is back!!!!

and for those of you who prefer the SEL...

...I suggest you go watch it.

Honestly,

This IS FUN!!!!!

Excitement, emotion and "Truculence" are at an all time high and I for one am LOVING IT!!! This is how Hockey was MEANT to be played.

Honestly,

This IS FUN!!!!!

Hitchcock has an interesting take on it. He said the teams feel there is no real frontrunner for the cup this year and that the cup is truly up for grabs. So every player is doing anything they can to advance, ie... they are more willing to step over the line. I don't know if that's right, but he's in it, so I'm listening.

"Because it's the Cup"

But seriously, I still blame the instigator. The NHL says players are not allowed to police the code themselves and then they do the most inconstant and downright terrible job of policing the players themselves.

Back in the day: if someone takes a run at your star you beat the tar out of whoever threw the hit and knock the other team's star into next season. Result? Players respect each other and realize cheap runs will only hurt their own team as well in the long run.

In the current NHL: take a run at a star, get a power play when some big meanie tries to fight you. Knock the star out indefinitely and take a couple of games unpaid vacation.

If the NHL isn't willing to get serious with suspensions they need to let the players police the game again.

"Because it's the Cup"

But seriously, I still blame the instigator. The NHL says players are not allowed to police the code themselves and then they do the most inconstant and downright terrible job of policing the players themselves.

Back in the day: if someone takes a run at your star you beat the tar out of whoever threw the hit and knock the other team's star into next season. Result? Players respect each other and realize cheap runs will only hurt their own team as well in the long run.

In the current NHL: take a run at a star, get a power play when some big meanie tries to fight you. Knock the star out indefinitely and take a couple of games unpaid vacation.

If the NHL isn't willing to get serious with suspensions they need to let the players police the game again.

Ducks, Chicago and remember Calgary coming close by fighting every time they lost a game?

That was the horses head in the tent, Boston was the rest of the horse. If Philly wins, expect to see teams exchanging speed and skill for goons in a hurry in the off season.

Honestly,

This IS FUN!!!!!

Archived