The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wishing Daniel Sedin The Best Tomorrow.

In this moment of anxiety and desperation, this seemed to really capture the feelings and emotions of most Canucks fans. While I would not usually post something of this ilk on the forum, I'd like to use this thread as a medium to wish Daniel Sedin well, to express our gratitude towards his recovery effort, to hope he makes the best decision tomorrow for his long-term health and for his family, and to wish him the best if he does indeed play.

He has meant so much to this city and this team, and it takes courage for him to step back in such difficult times. This song seems like an appropriate tribute to him at this time.

The lyrics speak of a similar individual. Originally, they referred to a war veteran returning from Vietnam. However, the lyrics may also relate to our Daniel. This is how I've interpreted the lyrics.

Daniel is traveling tonight on a plane

I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain

Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye

God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes

(Daniel travels away from Vancouver and is on his way to Los Angeles, a city whose name derives from the Spanish language. Fans and teammates alike pay close attention as Daniel departs, and hope he will be his same self when he arrives in Los Angeles.)

They say Spain is pretty, though I've never been

Well Daniel says it's the best place that he's ever seen

Oh and he should know, he's been there enough

Lord I miss Daniel, oh I miss him so much

(Daniel has been thinking of his teammates during his injury and has dreamed of being able to help them, so much as to envision himself playing, though he has not literally played there during the series. Fans and teammates alike have missed him; Henrik, his brother, has missed him especially, both on the ice and figuratively.)

Daniel my brother you are older than me

Do you still feel the pain of the scars that won't heal

Your eyes have died, but you see more than I

Daniel you're a star in the face of the sky

(This portion of the lyrics are from Henrik's perspective. He looks towards Daniel for advice and guidance, hoping he will be all right. Daniel does not seem like himself and wakes up unhappy ("your eyes have died"); his brother realizes this and comforts him ("you're a star").

Daniel is traveling tonight on a plane

I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain

Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye

God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes

Oh God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes

(Daniel is on his way to Los Angeles. Everyone hopes he will be the same man he once was, both on-ice as a contributor, and also as an individual. Thoughts and prayers are with him.)

As I said earlier, he means so much to this franchise and he shoudln't rush back if he isn't ready....He would not want to do this all over again. Anyways I agree, best of luck to him tomorrow...If he ends up playing I hope he stays away from the hits as much as possible...

Archived