The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our Bench Protecting Our Players

Ace_of_Spades

Hey guys so I've mentioned this in a thread or two but I wasn't hearing much response on what I was saying and while CDC might have 200 new threads being started every day during the playoffs I've only ever created about 3 so make this my 4th :) and please take the 45 seconds to read it.

Anyways on to my point, I just wanted to hear others thoughts on the two biggest hits in this series (or at least against our Nucks). The two biggest hits I'm referring to are the one's on Burrows at the end of GM1 and of course the one on Hank during GM3. Both these hits happened right in front of our bench and to me as a hockey player I was always taught that was suppose to be about the one place on the ice you could "almost" consider safe because you should have 19 players, and 4-5 coaches/trainers all yelling heads up heads up to protect you.

So I'm looking for some opinions on what people think on this, I was shocked in GM1 that no one alerted Burr in time and he could've easily not gotten up from that hit. I became shocked and angered though when it happened the 2nd time in 3 games on Sunday night, I don't know if guys aren't paying enough attention or if perhaps they are yelling and it just doesn't look like they are on t.v. At any rate one of your bigger jobs when your sitting on the bench is to make sure to be talking to your guys on the ice whenever/however you can help them and when I see two big hits on two of our biggest stars, right in front of our bench both times, it is very angering to me, but I seem to be the only one who finds this troubling. Your thoughts?

I am glad to hear someone fially using the work "corrupt". I thought it was just me but I think a lot of stuff is going on because it is no longer about the sport but about the money. The zebra coated fools out there have obviously been told to march to a different drummer aka Bettman and suddenly all the rules Shanahan is trying to implement go out the window.

Our hands were a little tied. If we were up 2-0 in the series, I'm sure you would have seen a MASSIVE retaliation.

But we were down 2-0 in the series in a 0-0 hockey game where it was clear that one goal would take it (especially with the ice conditions).

Haha, have any of you ever played high level hockey? It happens way to quickly to warn a player unless it is on a forecheck where you have both players in front of you and typically that is the goaltender.

The disappointment in all this is how no one MATT CARKNERED Brown afterwards...

Archived