The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Fla Re-Done

Hi.

Take out Weiss and Kesler from my last proposal, and here is whole new one:

To FLA: Cory Schneider, Jordan Schroeder, Mason Raymond, Marc-Andre Gragnani & VAN 2012 1st

To VAN: Jonathan Huberdeau, Kris Versteeg, Jacob Markstrom + FLA 2012 3rd

Sedin-Sedin-Versteeg

Huberdeau-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Pahlsson-Burrows

Malhotra-Lapierre-Hansen (Weise & Bitz)

How is Markstrom worth more than Schneider?

Schneider is a starting NHL goaile, and Markstrom can barely play in the NHL.

That just doesn't make any sense, ask every GM in the NHL, Markstrom or Schneider who would you take, I would be shocked if even one of them said that they would take Markstrom.

He's a Prospect, Schneider is #1 Goaile and he is still developing, He hasn't dominated at the NHL level yet has he?

there contracts are probably the exact same, or close to it, and who said directly that he has more potential than Schneider?

I checked that List and Schneider's not on it because he's a starting NHL goaile, he's not a Prospect he a good young NHL player, you can't compare the two, Schneider would probably blow him out of the water.

You mean sacrificing 3 of their best players for a one year away from UFA in Schneider.

Once Schneider is gone summer 2013, do Florida GM get fired?

I get a better idea: Florida play Theodore next season, they keep developing Markstrom (he was one of the best goalie in the AHL this years, i dont know how you think he was struggling).

And the best of all? they keep all their asset: Huberleau and Versteeg.

I tell you Markstrom worth more than Schneider, he is the best goalie prospect in the world.

Just keep Schneider and Markstrom out of the deal and redo it:)

Can you define what is a starter and a #01 goalie, im not sure i follow you. Is Elliot a starting #01 as well?

Next summer Schneider contratc will increase, and should even increase more summe r2013 because of his UFa status.

in the meantime Masktrom will be on a cheap ELC contract.

Just look at the past Hockey futures top 50 prospect of the league http://hockeysfuture...NB%3A1&ie=UTF-8

Markstrom is always ahead of Schneider

You know at 26yo, most goalie are not considered prospect anymore! Some already have many season as starter under their belt.

some even reached their peak already (Brodeur and Theodore had their peak around 25yo).

Its under the realm of possibility that Schneider peaked already and will decline slightly from now on, and unfortunately Vancouver didnt make full use of Schneider best years.

At 22yo, Markstrom is probably farther than is peak.

You know at 26yo, most goalie are not considered prospect anymore! Some already have many season as starter under their belt.

some even reached their peak already (Brodeur and Theodore had their peak around 25yo).

Its under the realm of possibility that Schneider peaked already and will decline slightly from now on, and unfortunately Vancouver didnt make full use of Schneider best years.

At 22yo, Markstrom is probably farther than is peak.

Take out Schneider and Markstrom off the deal.

its very simple: Vancouver is not the team the most interested in a blue chip goalie prospect like Markstrom.

Florida is not a team looking for a one year rental goalie upgrade.

Vancouver will find better offer for Schneider than with Florida.

If Florida want to trade Markstrom, they will find team more interested than Vancouver!

If Florida got Schneider they would probably trade Markstrom and keep Cory.

I would take out Schneids and Markstrom so.

To Fla:

-Jordan Schroeder

-Mason Raymond

-M-A Gragnani

-1st Round pick

To Van:

-Kris Versteeg

-Johnathon Huberbeau

-3rd Round Pick

It's decent proposal, but I would change that 1st into a 2nd then remove the third if it was me.

it's a good proposal, now let me ask you, who do you agree with?

Archived