The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have The Canucks Done Well To (Mostly) Avoid The Carnage So Far?

guesswhere

Daniel has missed the last part of the season and the first part of the playoffs, and Henrik seems to have had a close call (in 3D) with a similar fate, but at least so far, the most brutal displays this year have involved other teams.

Here is a related thread that caught my eye:

/topic/328041-the-reason-the-nhl-has-gone-crazy/page__hl__suspension__fromsearch__1">http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328041-the-reason-the-nhl-has-gone-crazy/page__hl__suspension__fromsearch__1

...and a repost from that thread:

EXACTLY the starting point and conclusion I was thinking of, and I was about to start a thread along those lines myself, but you beat me to it! If you were paying attention, you may have already noticed signs that teams were testing the waters for this style of 'hockey' well before the playoffs ever started. Last year's SCF darling ghouls of the NHL definitely made their impression.

As for the consequences, I'll just add two links.

1 - Setting the stage, notice what these 5 injuries have in common? (Hint, con-cuss-ion):

http://espn.go.com/n...impact-playoffs

2 - Now where we're at, that is, bloodbath central:

http://espn.go.com/b...ory-of-playoffs

Pretty obvious this ain't just about Vancouver anymore if it even ever was!

Lol yes they are avoiding it right out to the golf course so far.....

In all seriousness..... staying out of trouble doesn't to a damn thing for your team if you drop 4 straight (In my mind we will be winning 4 straight starting tomoro night, but my point still being... staying out of all the carnage doesn't mean anything if you get swept in Round 1)

Lol yes they are avoiding it right out to the golf course so far.....

In all seriousness..... staying out of trouble doesn't to a damn thing for your team if you drop 4 straight (In my mind we will be winning 4 straight starting tomoro night, but my point still being... staying out of all the carnage doesn't mean anything if you get swept in Round 1)

Lost Daniel for three games, and just about lost Henrik...unscathed no, but some thing has to be done.The NHL is out of control, TV ratings may be up but at what cost. Get this crazy body armour off the players, old leather stuffed with horse hair is the answer for elbow pads.

Sad to see "Hawks" Hossa go down, but after Keith's hit on Daniel, and the head shot they tried ti inflict on the Coyotes goalie, enough is enough...The NHL has to look in the mirror, and decide do they want skilled hockey, or goon hockey.

But for gods sake ref the whole season one way, GOON or SKILL,. from start to finish, if ratings matter then I guess it is GOON.

SO NHL TELL US WHAT YOU WANT AND THEN LETS PLAY HOCKEY..."BALLS"

Lost Daniel for three games, and just about lost Henrik...unscathed no, but some thing has to be done.The NHL is out of control, TV ratings may be up but at what cost. Get this crazy body armour off the players, old leather stuffed with horse hair is the answer for elbow pads.

Sad to see "Hawks" Hossa go down, but after Keith's hit on Daniel, and the head shot they tried ti inflict on the Coyotes goalie, enough is enough...The NHL has to look in the mirror, and decide do they want skilled hockey, or goon hockey.

But for gods sake ref the whole season one way, GOON or SKILL,. from start to finish, if ratings matter then I guess it is GOON.

Yes, they have done more than enough to avoid any type of physical confrontation what so ever, they almost seem like a powder keg ready to explode, I honestly can't figure out what is holding them back.

We could sit here and speculate all day about what the teams problems are but the fact is is that only they know what the issue is and only they can do something about it!

Hopefully they can show the Kings what the pres trophy winners are all about tonight or it's golf time for the Nucks!

Just so you know "/user/26939-mauii/">Mauii" my little rant is not that I want or prefer "Goon hockey"...I am directing the question to the "NHL". What does the "NHL" want Goon or Skilled hockey?

NHL players are not stupid after last years BRU-GOON'S cup win over the Canucks, this is the season of a repeat, let the

"GOON TEAM WIN'..."BALLS"

As for the statement about the rise in ratings, that came from coaches corner...so being accurate I guess one needs to see the books, before you can accept this as fact, but from the reports on TV the numbers are up in the USA...and thats what matters.

Archived