The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3 Way Trade Proposal - Luongo To Pitts. Staal / Fleury To Winnipeg. Byfuglien To Vancouver

gradin123

To Pittsburgh

Roberto Luongo. No longer untradeable because of the rising salary cap and the fact a lot of his money is loaded upfront and hence has already been paid for by the Canucks. Fleury has simply melted down in these playoffs and Luongo would have to be viewed as a huge upgrade for them.

Winnipeg's first round Pick

$3.67 million in free cap room (Fleury 5.000, Staal4.000 - Luongo5.333) to spend on free agent. or another player via trade

To Winnipeg

Jordan Staal. The Jets could certainly use a center and a good Canadian boy like Staal would fit in nicely there as their top center and Staal looks like he is done in Pittsburgh. They simply can't afford to keep him after next year.

Marc-Andre Fleury - initially I suggested Fleury be bought out by Pittsburgh but appearently some people think he still has value. I don't see it but perhaps Winnipeg will welcome him.

To Vancouver

Dustin Byfuglien. I know, I know but he is probably what the Canucks need a little more of in terms of grit and someone who can help on the suddenly dormant PP. Can play on defense or power forward and of course was a force in the Blackhawks Stanley Cup run.

Yeah...i'll buy out my #1 goalie that gave me a cup, but who melted down 1 serie against a good Flyers' team....for a older, longer contract, choking goalie for one of my best Character guy ???

I have an idea, let's buy out Luongo, trade Kesler for Jean-Sebastien Giguere!

Yeah...i'll buy out my #1 goalie that gave me a cup, but who melted down 1 serie against a good Flyers' team....for a older, longer contract, choking goalie for one of my best Character guy ???

1) His trade value would be higher on the open market.

2) He's older, and despite how good he is, he does have meltdowns at the worst times.

3) Schneider is not proven as a starter so we might not get the kind of return we'd like.

4) Schneider is younger.

5) The team seems to play better in front of Schneider. No idea why.

6) Schneider has not suffered a serious groin tear that has effected his lateral movement.

7) Schneider would be cheaper, and arguably better long term solution.

8) Either way Lack is NHL ready according to MacT in Chicago.

I'm sorry does that not seem like rational reasons to trade him? In the end if Luongo doesn't want to go. He's ain't going.

Fleury is about to be run out of town. He has been putrid and they didn't win the cup because of him anymore than the red Wings won because of Osgood. Any rationale person will tell you Luongo is better Fleury. Staal is gone from Pittsburgh anyways.

So Pittsburgh has a highly-paid French goalie that has proven that he can play extremely well, but has the propensity for meltdowns...

...Why, exactly, would they get rid of him, just to get an older version of the same thing?

So Pittsburgh has a highly-paid French goalie that has proven that he can play extremely well, but has the propensity for meltdowns...

...Why, exactly, would they get rid of him, just to get an older version of the same thing?

Archived