The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Starting Game 4

jj99

I'm surprised. Thought for sure they would start with Luongo, but I can't say I'm unhappy. I support both goalies, but think it's better in our long-term interests to put our faith in Schneider.

Looks like they're going in that direction now...it's hard to cut ties with Schneider if he becomes the starter in the playoffs.

this is how I feel about it. Luongo wasn't playing badly. Now, if we get eliminated and our #1 is on the bench that sets up a disastrous scenario. If we win we ride Schneider, you can't possibly pull him after that. Luongo's got to be pissed.

(and for everyone ushering in a new era if we do stick with schneider and move luongo, how long you think until this city then turns on schneider like it did lu? one season? two? bah).

EDIT: or I'm reading into everything too much. We looked good in game 3 so AV doesn't want to change much from that. plain and simple no other thoughts behind it.

It is sad but the very reason he needs protection is because of people like YOU or the media.

Both goaltenders are great and both can win us the game tonight. The problem is, if we lose 2-1 with Luongo in net, you would rip him apart while pointing out how he lost other series for us. If we lose 2-1 with Schneider in net, you won't just because you like him and media will go quietly.

That is a stupid thing to say.

There really is no correct decision for tonight's starting goaltender because neither Luongo nor Schneider was the reason we lost.

The team did play the best in Game 3 but that's hardly because Schneider was in net.

Archived