The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{Proposal}Van-Tam

I really believe that management has spoken as to which goalie the team will be moving forward with. I also believe we are still within our window of oppertunity to win a cup, that said, although I encourage the team to get more youth I think we need a proven player right now for our best chance at a cup

To TBL

Luongo

To Van

St. Louis

Add picks/prospects, 3/4th liners to even deal if not even(Nate Thompson/hansen?)

Vancouver exchanges one aging star for another whose proven playoff performer and heart and soul type of player, Vancouver also benefits by gaining the set up man that the second line desperately needs in the hard working martin st. Louis while Tampa gains the solid goaltending they have been missing. although this has no future benefit in a youth movement, it fits into Vancouvers current cup window without sacrificing any of our future

What about Luongo + Ballard + 2nd for St. Louis + Connolly + 1st? (draft Dumba or Galchenyuk)

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - St. Louis

Higgins - Galchenyuk/Schroeder - Hansen

Kassian - Lapierre - Malhotra

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev/Dumba

Connauton - UFA (in the $4 million - $5 million range)

Schneider

Lack

I honestly think that Vancouver should target a strong right-handed D-man instead. Tanev might be good enough to play with Edler in a few years, but judging by how awful he has been in this series, he needs a strong presence on his right side who can bail him out. Salo has done that for the last couple of years, but will be too old soon.

I was focusing mainly on addressing our second line scoring and playmaking issue with this proposal, however I do believe we need at least on more solid D-man to round out the team,

To TBL

Luongo

To Van

Purcell

Brewer-t

Brewer-BC boy, although an A on that team and pretty high salary, an anchor on their defence and will not help if looking to get younger. they dont have too many other appealing guys on the blue line besides Hedman but acquiring him would take a pretty big return(not saying Luongo isnt a big return or wouldnt fetch someone of his value)

I believe the usual list of suspects includes (but might not be restricted to):

1.) Ryan Malone (32) LW - has a NTC contract worth $4.5 million yr lasting another 3 years. He is big (listed at 6' 4" 219 lbs). He has scored 20+ goals 6 times out of the eight years he has played. He also looks a bit like a left wing version of Salo with regard to injuries.

If he could be convinced to a trade then he may well be an asset, but the Canucks are not really in need of a top-6 left wing with Sedin and Booth already here, and Higgins on the third line.

True MG does value the versatile player, but we already have 3 of those and we still expeirence lack of scoring on the second line, I believe we need someone who truly fits there and wont be part of the "rotation" and will compliment the other two players, this is why St.Louis is Ideal because he is a good set up man and brings the leadership and effort every team could benefit from, the only other plausible options are packages of connoly, 1st, malone, purcell, brewer, or straight up for hedman, with maybe an additional asset going their way

I can't imagine that Tampa Bay would be willing to part with St. Louis. He's 1/2 of the best scoring duo in the league and is a huge part of Stamkos' success. And his cap hit is fantastic for a player of his pedigree.

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat, but I really, really doubt that Yzerman bites.

your missing a cap dump of some kind on tampa's part. ie malone(3years 8m left, 4.5hit) or ohlund(3 years 10.75m left, 3.6hit, didn't play this season). tampa aint parting with st. louis. if luongo goes its for picks +/ prospects + cap dump. no ownership group is gonna just add 48 million to their budget with out some subtractions.

I just hope we get younger players and high draft picks. The current squad is starting to get up there in age and we need to ensure there are younger players that will be able to step in. Trading for another 30+ yr old player probably isn't the best move imo.

I'm not saying we need to rebuild but it's a good idea to have some players that can step up in a few years.

Archived