The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Tradable Luongo

Carson Graham

What team is a good fit for Lou though? I think it would have to be a perfect situation for him. Meaning:

Out of the media spotlight. Aka, small market team, not in canada.

Not to a young, rebuilding team: Those teams want a younger option, a team that wants to make a last run at the cup is a good fit.

A team in the East: I think he'll want a new start in the new conference.

Teams that fit this description: Florida? Tampa? Carolina? Maybe Dallas or Philly could be exceptions to some of the above. I just can't figure out a team that would take his contract right now.

What team is a good fit for Lou though? I think it would have to be a perfect situation for him. Meaning:

Out of the media spotlight. Aka, small market team, not in canada.

Not to a young, rebuilding team: Those teams want a younger option, a team that wants to make a last run at the cup is a good fit.

A team in the East: I think he'll want a new start in the new conference.

Teams that fit this description: Florida? Tampa? Carolina? Maybe Dallas or Philly could be exceptions to some of the above. I just can't figure out a team that would take his contract right now.

Florida wont want him,,they already have 2 goalies and one primed to be the started either next year or the year after.

Carolina has Ward so they can't spend 10 mill on goaltending the same as us. Philly just signed Bryz who is sucking right now, but I doubt they going to spend 10 mill cap hit on goalies either. Lu is no better than Lehtonen.

Tampa is the logical fit..is where he lives,,Yzerman likes him...Have an older team that just missed the playoffs almost entirely due to bad goaltending. They have 2 bad contracts they also want to get rid of. In a perfect world taking on Vinnys or Malones contract isn't ideal,,but with limited options we may have to. Lu could mentor Tokarski or if they have another young tender n their system.

Maybe Lu and Ballard for Vinny and a top end prospect or their 1st round pick, Trade our 1st and the 1st we get from Tampa and get near the top for this years draft.

all the hockey goldfish who bash Luongo should be watching the Philly Pittsburgh series and having a look at what bad goaltending actually looks like - Luongo lets in a bad goal or two once in a while and we never hear the end of it - have a look around and don't outsmart yourselves - there are a number of teams that would LOVE to have a Luongo.

all the hockey goldfish who bash Luongo should be watching the Philly Pittsburgh series and having a look at what bad goaltending actually looks like - Luongo lets in a bad goal or two once in a while and we never hear the end of it - have a look around and don't outsmart yourselves - there are a number of teams that would LOVE to have a Luongo.

boooohooooo, the second you sign your name to a $100m contract you lose all my sympathy. For that kind of money you better be the best player on your team night in and night out.......Luongo simply is not, not on a consistent basis.

Archived