Sedins Burrows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins Lapierre Jones

Bitz Pahllson Hansen

Edler Larrson

Hamhuis Bieksa

Gunnarson Salo/Tanev/Gragnani/Rome

Schneider

If Bieksa deteriorates we can slot in Tanev or Gragnani.

We add.

Larrson 6'2 220lbs 4th overall 2010

Jones 6'2 215lbs 27goals in 70 games 26 years old

Gunnarrson 6'3 220 lbs 160 blocked shots last year and 145 hits

we remove Raymond, Ballard, Malhotra, and Luongo. Clearing 13 million salary.

The first trade looks good on the Canucks side. But If I'm NJ, trying to sign Parise already. Ownership in shambles about to go in bankruptcy and you trade your lowest cap hit for a huge contract, no way.

and..

Ballard > Gunnarsson.

The first trade looks good on the Canucks side. But If I'm NJ, trying to sign Parise already. Ownership in shambles about to go in bankruptcy and you trade your lowest cap hit for a huge contract, no way.

and..

Ballard > Gunnarsson.

Nothing wrong with Hansen Pahllson on your 4th line if you have a 25 goal scorer on each wing of your 3rd line.

All about the depth and I think Hansen is like our Darren Helm. plays like a 2nd liner, payed for a 4th liner.

He's not a 25 Goal scorer, atleast consistently, he had a Career year, just like Mason Raymond, He's a 25 goal scorer too right?

Plus you didn't Factor in that we have Jordan Schroeder who seems poised to make the Team next year, so I don't think getting another winger is what we should do, it's not what we need.

I would try to package a few assets and bring in top end defensemen or else get some more good defensemen like we already have, to add more depth on the Blue line, or else trade a couple assests to add another big piece up front.

not add another depth forward that we don't need, and don't have room for.

I also don't think Gunnarrson has as much potentital as you think, he's a bigger guy so he will never he a really fast great skating blue liner, and he's 24 and usually people as starting to eclipse there potiental around 25-26 so I don't think that he has alot more time to grow.

Also I don't think Ballard is playing like he is on the 3rd pair, him and Tanev have been our best pair this series, and he has been our best defensemen in the playoffs, he's playing like a Top 4 and I think they should give him and Tanev more time 5 on 5 than Edler and Salo right now.

I will omit I am more apt towards Larrson and Jones than Gunnarrson.

The Gunnarrson thing rings true just because of his potential and my assumption Ballard should be traded while he isn't screwing up.

Gunnarrson would be a gamble I just like the idea of having 3 young Swedish giants on our time, maybe one of them will stand up for the Sedins.

I completely disagree though.

Gunnarrson>Ballard in every imaginable way.

Just a matter of time until Gunnarrson develops into the Top 2 he is.

Oh crap I didn't know that 1st one posted, I thought I clicked back and lost the post so I re-typed it.

We do need another forward. Raymond is on his way out and Malhotra has been horrible of his former self. Jones would be a ufa signing as in we give nothing up and simply have the depth to have Hansen down a line.

If we can snag him we would be fools to pass on him, let's rely on a prospect to crack our 3rd line ans score 20 goals with Higgins and Lapierre.

Schroeder is a non factor on a team competing for the cup.

What makes you think Schroeder will play for the Canucks. He is 5'10 and you want him to be our gritty 3rd line center?

So we trade Hogson and sign Pahllson, and then the very next season you bring in a rookie weighing 180lbs to attempt to do the same thing we tried and failed to work>?

Schroeder is nothing but an asset for us at this point.

Hansen scored 12 goals in 25 games and then went cold for 40 games. I agree he's good very good, he's no 3rd line RW on a Stanley Cup Champion. But he is most definitely a conn smythe 4th liner on a Stanley Cup champion.

We aren't replacing Raymond with a tiny rookie, we're replacing him with a 215lb local boy who has shown potentially that's all we want or need.

Are you telling me Jones scoring back to back 20+ goal season doesn't make him better than Hansen? No

Pahllson and Hansen will be a fantastic 4th line with Bitz or Weise.

As for Lapierre he is our 3rd line center for the future. Not Schroeder.

Yea it's hard to criticize Ballard he played really well the past 3 games.

I donno man maybe Gunnarrson is an unnecessary stretch. Especially with Ballard signed for a few more years and such a good personalty.

I ll concede, Larrson would suffice. Just want that right handed shot if Sami retired.

Yeah Bally I think really will continue to be this guy.

I understand why Gunnarsson would be a guy of intrest, he's a good young defencemen, brings a smart defensive game like I said, and a good guy on Powerplay with his shot and passing but he's not gunna be a top 2 D-man.

Personally I don't think he would be a top 4 D-man on a Team like ours even with him at his full potential, he could be a usefully 5th or 6th though and a good piece on the Either Powerplay Unit and on the 2nd Penalty kill unit.

But you know what's Ironic about that Larsson, Salo comment is that when Larsson was drafted he was compared to Sami Salo, in his style of game.

He would be insane to get but I don't think we will get him.

Archived