The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Good Was Keith Ballard Tonight?

Ghostdivision

An excellent caller on team 1040 just mentioned how good keith was tonight, and i recalled back how good he was but had forgot about it completely because like any good d, your not a lasting memory and not very visible...he made all the right moves tonight and kept the kings at bay when he was on the ice.

I said before he got hurt he was our best d man, he saved a few goal scoring chances tonight, backed tanev up when he made some mistake, dare i say if he had a coach who backed him like edler and bieksa, he could possibly be worth his contract, or at least closer to it.

I think ballard more then anyone deserves a praise thread.

Ballard played well and had for a while before getting injured - to say he was our best defenseman is an over-statement - Hamhuis is always solid - Ballard plays on the third pairing and doesn't quite face the same level of opponent, but I think he really brings a great level of depth to the Canucks.

All our D played pretty well including Ballard and Tanev. Of course, Schneider made them all look pretty good tonight. When a goal is scored against you analyze the play and see who screwed but when the chances are saved by the goalie you tend to forget defensive mistakes unless they were blatant.

Ballard played well and had for a while before getting injured - to say he was our best defenseman is an over-statement - Hamhuis is always solid - Ballard plays on the third pairing and doesn't quite face the same level of opponent, but I think he really brings a great level of depth to the Canucks.

Archived