The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Here's A Goalie For A Thought

dontstresskes

Why do fans on here always try to look benevolent when they dislike a player i.e. "It;s just not happening for him, better for him in the end if we just let him go." "He needs to find a fit somewhere else as he is just not having chemistry here."

Seriously. Why not just say "Yeh he's ok but I don't like him and I would be happy if he was traded."

As far as I'm concerned I like them both but realise one has got to go. If Lu's no trade contract can be jettisoned and if the organisation is as confused as many on here as to which player is the better goalie why not just offer both and see which one gets us what we want in return?

One contract is hard to move.

One has no baggage.

It all boils down to Luo and what he wants to do after the season is over and how he digests his new position,given Schneids is the go-to tender for the remaining game or games.

I like Luongo because he is proven and still has some great years in him.

I like Schneider because he young and has the potential to be better than Luongo. Yet, he is not proven yet.

So who do you guys think is worth more to the league? Luongo's proven tending and beastly contract, or Schneider's consistent but unproven play?

I say we trade whoever we can get more for. Make us stronger for next year.

Archived