The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pride In The Leadership

youngdad

I still think the Canucks will be eliminated from this series. But I have to say I am so impressed with Daniel and Henrik Sedin and their leadership during this disappointing round. Skill aside, Henrik has showed nothing but heart and he has worked so hard out there. In my mind, game 4 may have been the best game the twins have ever played. Sure there have been some huge ones in the past with more points and more pretty plays, but under the circumstances, down 3-0 on the road with Daniel coming off a cheap shot concussion.....Simply a brilliant and gutsy performance.

Anyone who questions Henrik Sedin's leadership is blind.

I dont think we will be eliminated. Go Canucks Go!!! give em' hell on home ice and put the pressure back on them for game 6. Bring it home for game 7.

I too am extremely proud of the twins. Incredible leaders. Even when dan was out of the lineup, henrik tried his best to carry this team. He really elevated his game.

I hope the crowd can give Kes and Burr the spark they need.

It will probably come down to whether the refs stop giving us powerplays because our pp has confidence again.

Couldn't agree more. Good post, OP! The way they played in Game 4 and the way Hank has played throughout the series, especially since the Brown hit, has given me a new appreciation for playing well without getting points. Hank only has 3 points through 4 games but FINALLY we can say for a fact he has played really well, in spite of the points.

I think this has made other fans and media gain a new level of respect and appreciate for Hank, and after yesterday Daniel. These guys want it and they're finally playing like beasts to get it and people are taking notice.

I dunno, Danny's return might just prove to be the difference (and their inspired play could do all the leading for them); before last night Hank was literally without his wing(man), ESP passing mate and top finisher whereas yesterday? The Kings can't handle them when there's two of them PLUS Booth to pressure them when the puck's down low. With that combo of intricate passing and chip plays THROUGH the Kings' D last night and not around it like it's been, plus David "Hard Hat" Booth working against the boards digging the pucks back I wouldn't be surprised if the momentum's swung back entirely and play gets driven back into the LA end consistently. Put that on top of the team overall looking more solid in front of Schneider and Edler getting some redemption (if Kes could score that would be huge for him too) and I'd say it's GAME ON, LA! :frantic: GO :canucks: oh and back on topic Hank's proving to be quite the solid leader :towel:

Yeah, see, I didn't. I spend more and more time trying to defend this team from the haters that call the Canucks cheap and dirty, and when they do things like this is just makes me look like a fool. I love these guys and the team, I bleed Blue and Green, but I just want them to make them pay with HUGE clean hits and on the score board! Let's keep it clean!

Yeah, see, I didn't. I spend more and more time trying to defend this team from the haters that call the Canucks cheap and dirty, and when they do things like this is just makes me look like a fool. I love these guys and the team, I bleed Blue and Green, but I just want them to make them pay with HUGE clean hits and on the score board!

Let's keep it clean!

Yeah, see, I didn't. I spend more and more time trying to defend this team from the haters that call the Canucks cheap and dirty, and when they do things like this is just makes me look like a fool. I love these guys and the team, I bleed Blue and Green, but I just want them to make them pay with HUGE clean hits and on the score board!

Let's keep it clean!

Let's keep it clean!

I've said it before, but anyone who questions Henriks leadership should look at this games 3/4 for a spark notes version of why he's our guy. Hes not the cocky, loud and proud, strong, "Canadian" leader that certain people wish this team had. But he plays with just as much passion and skill and his leadership is immense. I remember Murphy saying that regardless of the outcome of the game, Hank is the one guy (don't know about Daniel- I'm sure its the same) that will always stick around for the media post-game to answer questions for a good 20 minutes. He's always accountable. And last night, Schneider said something along the lines of: "Henrik has been so positive in the room. He is our leader no question." So... that about sums it up.

I think a lot of people forget that in the dressing room, all the guys are different. Some are vocal, some have presence. And a leader is one who knows when to say what, when to not etc etc.. He's got aspects of Naslund and I'm pretty sure thats why I'm partial to the guy.

He may not be as tough as people want, but I would take Hank over Brown, Chara and the like ANY day.

I thought Henrik's bitchslap on Brown was more about Brown repeatedly slashing Daniel a couple seconds earlier...

Rather than a retaliation to Game 3's hit, the one where Henrik said he was okay with...

To me it's more like "Don't mess with my bro!"

I totally hear what you are saying here and agree with you . As a whole I think Hank and Danny have had enough of the crap dished out to them I mean really look at all last playoffs cheap shot after cheap shot on them and what did they do in return NOTHING CHEAP. In this game I saw 2 pretty big hits from the twins not including the brown hit I think they discussed after Danny was out and hank was nearly knocked out by brown, that they won't take anymore sh** from anyone anymore. I wouldnt expect to see them drop the gloves anytime soon but I would expect to see them hit bigger . I would allow a few cheap shots by these guys as payback for all the crap they have dealt with (within reason).What I noticed last night was Lapierre shut his mouth and played his best game of the season maybe since he has been a canuck. he was beast mode all over the ice (there were a couple of occasisions where he regressed a bit ) . Burrows and Kes were well behaved for the most part as well and the team won .

So again I repeat your sentiment .

Lets keep it clean and win . ( but allow Hank and Danny a little leeway(within reason))

Archived