The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where Did Luongo's Support Go?

jono2009

I've helped defended Lu for a long long time but right now, Schnieder is outplaying Lu.

Schnieder is making saves from everywhere, even the ones that were labeled to go in. Those phenomenal saves are the ones that generate momentum and provides a spark for your team. Lu has been great, but Schnieder has been near perfect so far.

I honestly hope that luo gets traded to a market that won't throw him under the bus for everything. To a team that would appreciate what the man has done in his career. It's about time we get a new goalie starting to throw to the wolves.

I hope we get a good backup lined up for Schneider if he ends up being #1 here, cause it will only a matter of time before he becomes the new scapegoat just like Luongo. This city is a goalie graveyard for a reason

I hope we get a good backup lined up for Schneider if he ends up being #1 here, cause it will only a matter of time before he becomes the new scapegoat just like Luongo. This city is a goalie graveyard for a reason

Lol I'm probably one of the biggest pessimists here regarding our current situation, I'm not just basing this on game 4.

Do you remember when Luongo got hurt in November? Schneider went 5-1-0 the rest of the month playing against mostly against playoff teams and even got 2 shutouts in that stretch. Yeah it's not a whole season, but it proves he can win even when he's getting back-to-back-to-back starts. If we trade him, we're gonna find out too late that he can be a consistent starter in this league.

I just say, ride the hot goale, this playoff run ain't about supporting Luo, it's about winning, and if Cory is the answer, play Cory. Quite simple, and for the future of this goaltending tandem is more complex though,

Love both Luo and Schneider, though Schneiders age and salary is way better for the canucks organisation.

So if we are able to trade Luongo and keep Schneider this summer it would be the most profitable way to keep this team going, though i think it will be hard to trade Luo due to his long term contract. So i'd actually be happy if we'd loose the deal, something like Luo for Tampa 1st and top 9 winger or something, just to be able to resign Schneids for 4-5 years at 3.5-4.2 $.

But we should't be to sure this will work, just because Luongo is a piece which is hard to move, and then we'll have to, unfourtuneatly, trade Cory instead. I'm sure MG will figure it out, and make the best out of it!

Go canucks Go!

Sigh...the team crap their pants in the first two games. Did u not see how Luongo kept them in the game?

What I stated earlier was right on. You ppl do have short memories.

Luongo is not the reason we lost the first two games.

Roberto is a great Goaltender and I truly support him. I am offended that he has been treated like a second class Goalie considering what he has accomplished. Corey is a great Goaltender and I support him. I hope and pray he does not let the clowns get in his head when he has issues. (All goalies have issues)

Call it what you will (meltdowns, mental toughness or loss of confidence), the team plays different in front of each goalie. The last 2 games proves that. Game 3 we lost with only 19 shots against all but 1 were kept mostly to the outside. Same for last night, most shots were kept to the outside.Ultimately the team protects Corey more and that's okay.

I beg and plead to all who read this to take it easy on him when he is the man.

I think Luongo is great and have been a vocal support of his here on CDC - but it's becoming harder and harder to deny that he's being outplayed by Schneids. Schneids is younger, lower salary cap and has been just as good so far (better numbers). Only knock on Schneids would be that he hasn't proven what he can do on a daily basis.

But clearly, we have to choose who to keep between the goalies. Also clearly, Luongo would fetch us much more in a trade. And yes, I am aware of his contract terms and his NTC - but there are many precedents that show that when a team wants to move you, you'll waive that NTC. So my bold prediction is that we trade Lu in the offseason. I'll still be a Lu fan for sure wherever he goes. But Lu leaving Vancouver is starting to make more sense. A goalie we drafted and developed in Schneider will be a heck of a goalie in the future.

im a huge luongo fan. he wasnt a fault an either of the 2 games he played but how can you even argue that luongo should be playing. schneider is on a whole other level he is making clutch saves when the team needs him to make them. the difference between luo and schneider is luo didnt make a save when the canucks needed it and schneider did. just think if brown scored on that penalty shot? the game would of likely been lost.

luongo had to make that save on brown shorthanded he just had to. no matter how well he played that goal could not of gone in. if he stops that the canucks likely win and the entire series is different.

Archived