The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is This The End Of The Luongo Era?

luongo12345

Could this be the end of the Luongo era? First round game one, Luongo plays good. Gives up some bad goals. I believe he was the best player in the game. Our team besides our goalies have not been playing well.

Game 2. Luongo is in net again, he plays good, makes some great saves, however, we still lose.

In my mind putting Cory in was the best choice. Who knows if Luo was going to choke again.

If I may, I am a huge luongo fan. I always have. But I think his time is up with Vancouver. We have a perfect 2nd goaile (not a backup) that can be a starter. Things happen and now Luongo looks like he is the backup for the playoffs. Luongo can have his good games, he can also have his bad games, which I see happens more then the good ones. If we trade luongo, which team will he want to go to? Because it will be his choice maybe Florida or Tampa.

I think we need to ride the shnid train in the playoffs, see how far we go. Let's say this, Cory is the young, fast, consistent goalie. Luongo is the veteran. Veterans get old and sometimes need to move on.

I love Lou, however I think Vancouver and Luongo need to part ways.

Goaltending

Roberto Luongo

3.59 GAA

.890 Save %

Cory Schneider

1.01 GAA

.970 Save %

I thought Lu played well the first 2 games but these stats are pretty contrasting...

That being said. Lets wait until the playoffs are done.

Who knows, MG might just decide to trade Schneider and keep Lu if trading Shneids means we get a huge return.

Lu is still a solid goalie at a 5.3 cap hit

Could this be the end of the Luongo era? First round game one, Luongo plays good. Gives up some bad goals. I believe he was the best player in the game. Our team besides our goalies have not been playing well.

Game 2. Luongo is in net again, he plays good, makes some great saves, however, we still lose.

In my mind putting Cory in was the best choice. Who knows if Luo was going to choke again.

If I may, I am a huge luongo fan. I always have. But I think his time is up with Vancouver. We have a perfect 2nd goaile (not a backup) that can be a starter. Things happen and now Luongo looks like he is the backup for the playoffs. Luongo can have his good games, he can also have his bad games, which I see happens more then the good ones. If we trade luongo, which team will he want to go to? Because it will be his choice maybe Florida or Tampa.

I think we need to ride the shnid train in the playoffs, see how far we go. Let's say this, Cory is the young, fast, consistent goalie. Luongo is the veteran. Veterans get old and sometimes need to move on.

I love Lou, however I think Vancouver and Luongo need to part ways.

Luongo should be traded, it wil be sad to see him go because he is elite goalie. But the media and fans have taken a way his confidents. If would does get traded to a non market team he will be back to his regular self in no time. To keep it simple Schnieder has out played Luongo this whole year.

I think Luo's time in Van is over. This is not because he isn't good enough, or because he makes to much (as far as salary cap is concerned), i think it is s far as I can see mostly because he has lost the confidence of his team. The team seems to play scared in front of him, meaning they collapse all around his crease, an example is Tanev in game 2 when he almost made Luo look bad with a glove save attempt, if your defense is making the glove saves at the net you have a problem if your the goalie!!!!!

The team plays with "SWAGER" in front of Cory, they don't collapse quite as much, they are more agressive in the offensive zone because they know that if they mess up Cory is more than capable of bailing them out. Cory's attitude and confidense just ooozzzzes "I WANT TO WIN" Luo's oooozzzzes ...........................................something else (use your imagination for that) but you get what i mean.

I do believe that this officially signals a changing of the guard in net for the Canucks.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

To win hockey games, the PP must score more often than what it did. Lou held the team up in all those games but he got little support from the rest of the team. With their play last night, they proved they really missed Daniel in the first three games.

I feel it is just too easy to blame Luongo every time the team loses. I am a Schneider fan as well but I hope that I can stray away from that superficial thinking when I know there are others on the ice leaving Luongo out to dry for no other reason then their stupid play. If you really want to know who choked out there and has choked on many occassions this year, look towards Edler. Yes he scored a goal last night but that does not give him a reprieve on all his stupid mistakes. He has been playing like his head has been up his butt all year Let's direct blame where it should really go rather than just jump on a player who has been painted the team scape goat by fans who don't know the difference between a hockey and tiddlywinks.

I laugh when I hear people suggest Luongo "choked" when he looses a game yet when Schneider unfortunately loses, he is still held in the highest esteem. I am not standing up for either goalie in this case, but I am not so narrow minded and ready to blame Roberto Luongo for every loss the team suffers because I know other players are making terrible plays out there as well.

Sure, Luongo played well in games 1 and 2. However, Schneider has been lights out in games 3 and 4. So if it's a matter of whether we want a solid goalie versus an extremely hot goalie right now, we need - and must I emphasize - NEED to ride Schneider.

You guys really gotta stop throwing stats out there... anti niemi had not great stats during their cup run and guess what... oh yeah they won the cup. Schneider is hot right now, play him for the rest of the LA series and go back to luo for round 2 games 1 and/or 2. That's IF we make it to round 2. If in round 2 luo wins his 1 or 2 games then start switching them back and forth.

For all the people still thinking about trading Luongo and any associated conversations, CapGeek tweeted this today:

Lots of questions about Roberto Luongo's NTC. He has a full NTC but it does have a few stipulations. #NHL #Canucks

Most pertinent Luongo NTC stipulation is that after final 2013-14 game, he can supply five-team trade list valid through July 15, 2014.

Note that's *trade list*, not *no-trade list* ...

Luongo should be traded, it wil be sad to see him go because he is elite goalie. But the media and fans have taken a way his confidents. If would does get traded to a non market team he will be back to his regular self in no time. To keep it simple Schnieder has out played Luongo this whole year.

For all the people still thinking about trading Luongo and any associated conversations, CapGeek tweeted this today:

This effective matches the initially reported 5 year clause for Roberto, along with the 7 year clause for us (which would likely be the same idea, but with no team restrictions). It appears this actually takes effect the summer before his 5th year starts, so the 7th would do so as well.

You guys really gotta stop throwing stats out there... anti niemi had not great stats during their cup run and guess what... oh yeah they won the cup. Schneider is hot right now, play him for the rest of the LA series and go back to luo for round 2 games 1 and/or 2. That's IF we make it to round 2. If in round 2 luo wins his 1 or 2 games then start switching them back and forth.

I saw 1 soft goal by lou in 2 games. All the analysts said he played solid and gave the team a chance to win in both games. The other goals scored were, in my opinion, grade-A chances given up due to stupid defensive plays. In the last 2 games (the ones schneiderman) played, the canucks were much tighter in thier coverage.

I swear im getting stupider looking at these threads. I think im just going to stop.

In AV's words; he could put in either goalie on any given night and make the right choice. i agree with AV.

I saw 1 soft goal by lou in 2 games. All the analysts said he played solid and gave the team a chance to win in both games. The other goals scored were, in my opinion, grade-A chances given up due to stupid defensive plays. In the last 2 games (the ones schneiderman) played, the canucks were much tighter in thier coverage.

I swear im getting stupider looking at these threads. I think im just going to stop.

In AV's words; he could put in either goalie on any given night and make the right choice. i agree with AV.

I saw more than one bad goal but here's the thing: if you're an elite goalie, you're supposed to bail the team out when they give up scoring chances. That's what elite goalies do. Instead, Luongo lets in goals at crucial times. Sure, sometimes you can say that was a defensive breakdown here or there, and I don't expect Luongo to always bail out the team, but he needs to do it more consistently than he does. Look at Quick and Thomas, our last two goalies faced in the playoffs, their defense's might've had lapses, but they bail them out, because they are playing at an elite level. Luongo doesn't do this. Schneider does.

Archived