The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What A Great Mess We Have!

J.I.A.H.N

Well, after the addition of Daniel back into the line up, it only illistrates what the addition of one top end player can do to a line up. This makes me think that our future looks pretty bright.

So as we have both Lui and Cory, both incredible goalies, both that when hot can carry a team, tells me that this summer and the next 4 to 5 years will be bright for us Canuck fans. The only problem will be Mike Gillis's, and he better not mess it up!

Now, before I get into this too far, I'd like to say that Cory is a great goalie, and has even greater upside than what he has shown so far. He has shown to be a prmiere goalie in this league this year, and is projected to be even greater. This has been said by most league GM's, most Hockey experts, and in other nhl team forums ( Go look )

On the otherhand, Louie has been a great goalie for many years, and has shown he can still be a top flight goalie, and probably will be for 3 or 4 more years.

Now where I say we have such a fine mess, is the fact that, both goalies would bring back pieces that would strengthen our team if traded.

With Lou, because of his age mostly, he would not bring back as much as Cory would, but would bring back a high end talent and packaged with the right secondary player, would assure an even greater, return to us. And as we see with Daniels return, one player can make such a difference.

On the otherhand, trading Cory, would bring a greater return and most probably, an NHL ready prospect and some draft picks ( which would be a high 1st rounder, and possibly another late 1 st round pick and/or a early second round pick.

Either way, we would be strengthened, now and for the immediate future. The only problem again is getting it right and deciding which way to go....

Just think if Cory played 65 to 70 games a year for the Canucks! I bet that is what Mike Gillis is struggling with! Mess it up and he won't make the edge of town, get it right, and he will be given God statis and everyone will forget Cody once and for all.

Ahhhh, what a wonderful mess!

Trading Lou (although that is much easier said than done) would also free up Cap space, although some of that would have to be used to re-sign Schneider.

In any event, I think the return would be similar, but the added Cap space would provide extra flexibility....

Trading Lou (although that is much easier said than done) would also free up Cap space, although some of that would have to be used to re-sign Schneider.

In any event, I think the return would be similar, but the added Cap space would provide extra flexibility....

The only thing that worries me is the fact that I've seen quite a few goalies who are lights out in their first year or two, and then fall off big time.

Jim Carey

Steve Mason

Both rookies of the year, and not to be heard from again (in a good way)

We have no skill in our bottom-6 after trading Hodgson and its showing right now as they can't score against a quality goaltender and tough defence.

Our defence isn't physical or big enough and all our D-men have had terrible moments positionally against the 2nd worst offence in the league.

Our stars are getting older.

This team is in trouble and its all thanks to MG's bonehead move to move Cody Hodgson, and not replacing Ehrhoff.

Schneider has played over 50 games per season in AHL so its not a stretch to think he could do the same in Vancouver. The plus side of the NHL is that travel conditions are much better...they are pampered...support personnel are better. The wear and tear of travel can be reduced.

We have no skill in our bottom-6 after trading Hodgson and its showing right now as they can't score against a quality goaltender and tough defence.

Our defence isn't physical or big enough and all our D-men have had terrible moments positionally against the 2nd worst offence in the league.

Our stars are getting older.

This team is in trouble and its all thanks to MG's bonehead move to move Cody Hodgson, and not replacing Ehrhoff.

Whats Jason Krog got to do with the conversation?

Are we comparing Mancari or Schneider/Lou?

We have a great mess indeed. Relatively speaking.

Remember when we were singing the praises of Jason Krog? How he was going to fit in our top-6? etc.

That wasn't all that long ago, really. Cheers.

TOML

Archived