The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Someone Call The Coyotes And Ask If They Can Send Us Some Guts...

afesposit

^ This.

People picked them to have lots of trouble this season. They'd just traded their star goalie away and taken a chance on a goalie Tampa (!) had let go after he couldn't perform. They had another top offensive prospect holding out in an attempt to be moved, and it didn't look like their goal support was going to win them games any time soon.

The defensive system they play makes goalies look good, and while Mike Smith has risen to the occasion, he's helped by their system. If he didn't play like he did, they'd be right there with Edmonton in the standings and could have been the team lucky enough to get 1st overall.

Having said that, they're only up 3-1 in the series by the grace of OT wins. If that's the team you want to pick to win four best-of-seven playoff series to win the Stanley Cup, go right ahead, but they're hardly the team you want to emulate, especially when we had that defensive system a few years back and have evolved to play offensively as well.

It's just too bad we haven't been able to remember the defence at times...

Exactly... Looking at the roster of this team, how many of their forwards do you think would crack the top 6 for Vancouver???

Raffi Torres playing 2nd line??????? I mean come on...

Going into the season I thought they would be the worst team in the conference.

As for my allegiance to the Canucks and being hard on them, I'm hard on all the teams I root for... I can't be hard on the Coyotes at all though b/c I think they get the maximum results out of the talent they have.

I'm als a NY Jets fan... Been so for 30+ years... I've been broken many times.. You want to see me be hard on a team, you haven't seen nothing yet...

I don't think being a "good fan" means that you need to back every move a team makes and say everything is peachy keen when it's not... I'd rather be educumacated and a realist..

Phoenix doesn't really have a second line.

Usually goes Whitney Hanzal Vrbata then whichever line is hot. Also, Tippett plays people in pairs most of the time as well.

Phoenix has one of the most underrated Defensive cores in the league. They might even have the best. Sure they're not flashy but they contribute(Only blue line in the NHL with 2 10+ goal scorers. Not to mention in 2009-10 they had the most goals from their defence in the league). Phoenix plays to it's strengths, which any team has to.

That team w/ that talent able to control the pace of the game... They have no superstars... A good blue line and solid goaltending...

It's amazing what you can do when you have some guts and pushback... That team doesn't get rattled....

Maybe if they move to Quebec next yr. Dave Tippet doesn't go and we can get him.... That's the kind of coach we need....

Archived