The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Feel So Bad For Luo

Canouver

Why would anyone feel sorry for him? He gets payed a boatload of money to be an average goaltender, he plays hockey here but has no family here or kids in school to worry about moving and losing their friends, he can control exactly where he gets traded to now, he is still going to make boatloads of money for the next couple years at least. What is there to feel sorry about?

There is no way if the Canucks win the series that Luongo starts game one in round 2.

Vancouver has a very simliar situation to Boston.

Luongo and Thomas are both work horses, very althetic

Schnieder and Rask are both goalies that rely on there postion which has a lot to do with angles and rebound control.

More often than not the postional goalies are the ones who are better than the "althetic" goalies.

Luongo is a good goalie but he isn't good for Vancouver anymore, Media and fans have torn him apart. It doesn't matter what he does, even winning a Gold medal for Canada a lot of people believe that Canada won inspite of him. I give respect to Luongo not acting like a baby by taking a back seat to Schneider like a lot of goalies would. But the writing is on the wall, Luongo's time in Vancouver is over.

Luo is caving to the pressure how else do you explain his poor play over the entire season, he has had some stellar games, but the poor one out weigh the good ones no deniying that, Cory has been lights out even in his bad games he still manages to out battle Luo.

Not saying Luo is a horrible person, his play has been bad over all that's all i am saying, yes we are spoiled to have two tremendous goalies however it is becoming quite obvious that Luo could be done here, He clearly want to be where his family is and good on him for that!!!

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!

I believe

Guest Dasein

One game at a time.

Let's take a deep breath here - if we extend our season beyond this series, anything goes.

As for now, Schneider is the hot hand and we'll ride him out the season unless he lets two quick ones in.

Being top team in the league two years in a row, getting his team within ONE game of the Stanley cup last year. A bad goal or two in this years first round. I would kill to have a goalie like that on our team... Oh , wait...we do, and I am pretty sure he also back stopped Canada to a Gold medal in the Olympics. I love Schneider, but Luongo is still the best goalie in the league.

If/when we get to the second round start Luongo.

I like Luongo as a person too but hockey is a business and you gotta do what's best for the team and organization, not just today but moving forward.. Who knows what's gonna happen with Luo.. i wouldn't be surprised either way if he stays or is traded.

Its pretty hard to argue that Schneider hasn't been the better goalie in this series and throughout the season. You don't keep a guy as your starter because you feel sorry for him or because of history with the guy... We need to go with the guy that is gonna give us the best chance to win today and in the future... and sorry Luongo isn't that guy.

Most people here have a love hate relationship with the boards if you haven't noticed and some have been here for years. What's not to hate? But there are a small handful of people that actually know what they are talking about and they are worth sticking around for.

If you are really sensitive about it, you are more than welcome to set your settings to ignore my posts, because it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere... just yet.

Playoffs and trading time is a while off folks. A lot can happen in that time. Besides if Luongo goes to Tampa or someplace, and he does well, I will wish him luck. I think he's a class act. I think the only problem he has is he's so competitive that he loses focus when he lets in a soft goal, and it eats him up inside, and he then he overcompensates. I like a fiery competitor, but I think Lu let's his emotions get the better of him.

Archived